Abrams Venetian

  • Mats Broberg
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2003
      Another thing -

      Not so many years ago Abrams Venetian - George Abrams extremely fine
      Venetian typeface designed for the Danish court - was locked to the
      Danish royal printer's imagesetter and was to be exclusively used for
      his work. Now one can find Abrams Venetian in a typeface package called
      "Abrams Legacy" (together with Augereau, another masterpiece by Abrams).

      Anyone know what happened?

      All the best,
      Mats Broberg

      Stockholm - Sweden
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 1, 2003
        Mats

        The Abrams' type families Augereau and Abrams Venetian are sold as the
        Abrams Legacy Collection, recently digitized by Charles Nix.

        These are available from MyFonts.com. Don't know how the rights got
        transferred.

        I was aware of the Fontanova work but Timberwolf is new to me. Thanks
        for the links.

        Gerald