[PPLetterpress] Re: Cutting sticks

    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 22, 2003
      Dave

      I'm quite sure that if you mill your own it will work quite nicely...

      Some time back I bought a self-healing cutting mat as wide as my cutter bed, and trimmed it to about 12 inches deep.

      Have been using that ever since, after raising the blade so it won't go further than a couple of mm into the surface.

      Just left the old stick in there, it was pretty beat up, but it's fine for the support backing.

      I use a slice of the cutting mat about four inches deep as pressure equalizer on top of my stock to minimize 'tooth-marks' from the pressure foot.

      cheers!

      Peter

      Remember, even the best cutter in the world only cuts one sheet at a time... the top sheet ;-)

      Peter Fraterdeus http://www.midsummernightstamps.com
      http://www.fraterdeus.com |* + * + * + Rubber Stamp Fine Art!

      http://www.semiotx.com Web Strategy Consulting < * > Mac OS X