Re: [PPLetterpress]

  • hodgdondc@cs.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 21, 2001
      Gerald:

      I am enjoying your splendid book. It is a pleasure to have, really.

      As for my project: I am still in pre-press because of the diverse
      components. The service bureau worker decided I was going way over the
      budget figure I mentioned to him when we started to Quark the pages with all
      the illustrations. I arranged with a friend who has a Mac G3 to install
      Pagemaker (she has PHotoshop already) and we are both figuring the PM stuff
      out.

      The service bureau guy agreed to complete the first three booklets
      (quarto-like yours), and I see PM has a Quark translator which will help
      because I still need to laser print what we have -- even with the guy's
      proofs. I have ledger size (8x 14 or 17) scanned as bitmap images of ship
      logs and letters which I am going produce myself because as I said, the
      copperplate hand is appealing. Is that crazy or what?

      These I want to use as a kind of floor for a clam shell box on which the
      pamphlets rest.

      I looked at the W. Caslon site and agree it is a wonderful typeface, a
      beautiful job. The 200 bucks is not a bad price at all. Does one need both
      packages?

      Anyway, I wanted you to know that I am savoring Printing Digital.

      David Hodgdon