Re: looking for wood letter

  • Hrant H Papazian
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 14, 2003
      From: "carey johnson"
      > in need of finding some woodletter type
      > Any leads are much appreciated.

      Make up your mind!! ;-)

      hhp
    • carey johnson
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 14, 2003
        that would be impossible. i need it all. -cj

        --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, Hrant H Papazian <hrant@i...>
        wrote:
        > From: "carey johnson"
        > > in need of finding some woodletter type
        > > Any leads are much appreciated.
        >
        > Make up your mind!! ;-)
        >
        > hhp
      • ausart1938
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 15, 2003
          --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, "carey johnson"
          <careysuejohnson@y...> wrote:
          > Hi there,
          >
          > I'm somewhat desperately in need of finding some woodletter type
          this
          > week -- preferably a mixed jumble. I've checked ebay, and have a few
          > bids out, but if they don't go well, woe is me...
          >
          > Is anyone out there who might like to unload a drawer or two? I'm in
          > Los Angeles. Any leads are much appreciated. Thank you!
          >
          > Carey Johnson
          >
          > careysioux@y...
          > or
          > careysuejohnson@y...
          carey, another johnson here, yes you spell your name the right way.
          I am in Australia, we have only a small amount of poster, wood type
          here at the museum, I am going to pick up some more next week.
          Don't know what there will be but hope to get enough to get by.
          Will try to make up missing letters with lino cuts.
          Arthur Johnson in Gulgong NSW Australia.
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 6, 2003
            Carey

            I doubt you need this anymore but might come in handy for you or
            anyone else in the future. I met a couple of fellows last night who do
            3-D engraving. They are able to cut into type high endgrain Maple with
            a mill. Seen some of their pieces. Quite nice. They can cut from any
            digital image supplied to them. Doubt this would be satisfactory for
            text type etc but seems quite ideal for more solid images,
            resurrection of wood type etc.

            The number I have is 323-222-2335. Ask for Greg Mote.

            All best

            Gerald