looking for wood letter

  • carey johnson
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 14, 2003
      Hi there,

      I'm somewhat desperately in need of finding some woodletter type this
      week -- preferably a mixed jumble. I've checked ebay, and have a few
      bids out, but if they don't go well, woe is me...

      Is anyone out there who might like to unload a drawer or two? I'm in
      Los Angeles. Any leads are much appreciated. Thank you!

      Carey Johnson

      careysioux@...
      or
      careysuejohnson@...
    • Dave Allen
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 14, 2003
        Try Jim Heagy as below....

        James Heagy Company
        P.O. Box 27397
        San Francisco, CA 94127-0397
        homerlea@...

        Dave

        At 05:16 PM 7/14/03 -0000, you wrote:
        >Hi there,
        >
        >I'm somewhat desperately in need of finding some woodletter type this
        >week -- preferably a mixed jumble. I've checked ebay, and have a few
        >bids out, but if they don't go well, woe is me...
        >
        >Is anyone out there who might like to unload a drawer or two? I'm in
        >Los Angeles. Any leads are much appreciated. Thank you!
        >
        >Carey Johnson
        >
        >careysioux@...
        >or
        >careysuejohnson@...
        >

        >• To respond to a post or post a message to the membership:
        >PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com
        >• Encountering problems? contact:
        >PPLetterpress-owner@yahoogroups.com
        >• To unsubscribe:

        David Allen
        840 Snowdrop Avenue
        Victoria, British Columbia
        CANADA V8Z 2N4
        (250) 888-9380
        http://www.webvictoria.com/beddall
      • carey johnson
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 14, 2003
          thanks!

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          > David Allen
          > Beddall Bookbinding Conservation & Restoration
          > 840 Snowdrop Avenue
          > Victoria, British Columbia
          > CANADA V8Z 2N4
          > (250) 888-9380
          > http://www.webvictoria.com/beddall
        • Hrant H Papazian
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 14, 2003
            From: "carey johnson"
            > in need of finding some woodletter type
            > Any leads are much appreciated.

            Make up your mind!! ;-)

            hhp
          • carey johnson
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 14, 2003
              that would be impossible. i need it all. -cj

              --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, Hrant H Papazian <hrant@i...>
              wrote:
              > From: "carey johnson"
              > > in need of finding some woodletter type
              > > Any leads are much appreciated.
              >
              > Make up your mind!! ;-)
              >
              > hhp
            • ausart1938
              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 15, 2003
                --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, "carey johnson"
                <careysuejohnson@y...> wrote:
                > Hi there,
                >
                > I'm somewhat desperately in need of finding some woodletter type
                this
                > week -- preferably a mixed jumble. I've checked ebay, and have a few
                > bids out, but if they don't go well, woe is me...
                >
                > Is anyone out there who might like to unload a drawer or two? I'm in
                > Los Angeles. Any leads are much appreciated. Thank you!
                >
                > Carey Johnson
                >
                > careysioux@y...
                > or
                > careysuejohnson@y...
                carey, another johnson here, yes you spell your name the right way.
                I am in Australia, we have only a small amount of poster, wood type
                here at the museum, I am going to pick up some more next week.
                Don't know what there will be but hope to get enough to get by.
                Will try to make up missing letters with lino cuts.
                Arthur Johnson in Gulgong NSW Australia.
                Message 7 of 7 , Aug 6, 2003
                  Carey

                  I doubt you need this anymore but might come in handy for you or
                  anyone else in the future. I met a couple of fellows last night who do
                  3-D engraving. They are able to cut into type high endgrain Maple with
                  a mill. Seen some of their pieces. Quite nice. They can cut from any
                  digital image supplied to them. Doubt this would be satisfactory for
                  text type etc but seems quite ideal for more solid images,
                  resurrection of wood type etc.

                  The number I have is 323-222-2335. Ask for Greg Mote.

                  All best

                  Gerald