Re: Plate cracking

    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 11, 2003
      I didn't read your response correctly. Not drying long enough. I dry
      at 150 degress for twelve to fifteen minutes. I did not actually ask
      him about this. How he dried and for how long. Probably should have.
      I've not had to revive a plate, so the idea of the polymer matrix
      absorbing humidity is something I've not had experience with (re
      Elias's comment). Makes sense though.

      Gerald

      --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, "Gerald Lange" <bieler@w...> wrote:
      > Hi
      >
      > He lives in San Diego, not far from the ocean. He talked to Gene
      Becker and was told it was probably the humidity. But I live in Marina
      del Rey, a block from the
      > ocean (which I haven't seen in years), and have never had a problem
      like this. I would have thought aridity as well. Perhaps a combination
      of too long exposure, too long drying, etc, as Elias suggested.