Re: [PPLetterpress] Re: Plate cracking

  • Mark Wilden
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 11, 2003
      From: "Gerald Lange" <bieler@...>

      > He lives in San Diego, not far from the ocean. He talked to Gene Becker
      and was told it
      > was probably the humidity. But I live in Marina del Rey, a block from the
      > ocean (which I haven't seen in years), and have never had a problem like
      this

      Yup--I lived in San Diego for 20 years. It's not bone-dry, but no one would
      call it humid.
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 11, 2003
        I didn't read your response correctly. Not drying long enough. I dry
        at 150 degress for twelve to fifteen minutes. I did not actually ask
        him about this. How he dried and for how long. Probably should have.
        I've not had to revive a plate, so the idea of the polymer matrix
        absorbing humidity is something I've not had experience with (re
        Elias's comment). Makes sense though.

        Gerald

        --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, "Gerald Lange" <bieler@w...> wrote:
        > Hi
        >
        > He lives in San Diego, not far from the ocean. He talked to Gene
        Becker and was told it was probably the humidity. But I live in Marina
        del Rey, a block from the
        > ocean (which I haven't seen in years), and have never had a problem
        like this. I would have thought aridity as well. Perhaps a combination
        of too long exposure, too long drying, etc, as Elias suggested.