Heavy Metal Madness

    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 8, 2003
      Gene Gable has produced an interesting series of articles over at
      CreativePro on letterpress. Quite an interesting perspective on it
      all. Lots of great pics. I've assembled the URLs to all of these in
      the Links feature here. Click on Links / Traditional
      Letterpress / The Compleat Heavy Metal Madness.

      Most recent is his

      First Day at Letterpress High

      http://www.creativepro.com/story/feature/18958.html?origin=story

      which is based on his initiation to online letterpress.

      Gerald
    • michael babcock | interrobang
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 9, 2003
        the link below was an interesting skim. i think he has OCD. and a cigar box
        fetish.

        seems fitting that he should have gotten into letterpress. as 'former pres
        of seybold seminars', seybold was at one time part of harris seybold potter,
        the cutter/press triumvirate. over time harris and potter were sloughed off.
        seybold remains, in name anyway. not sure what their respective part of the
        trinity was. the cutters i believe.

        --
        best, m | interrobang

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 10, 2003
          Hi Michael

          I thought all letterpress folks had OCD?!?

          Anyway, I clicked on the wrong URL. This is the First Day at
          Letterpress High link. Gene covers a number of the more well-known
          letterpress links (not PPL of course) in this one:

          http://www.creativepro.com/story/feature/19745-1.html

          For what its worth.

          Gerald

          --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, michael babcock | interrobang