Jim Rimmer in DA

  • Paul W. Romaine
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1 7:22 PM
      Given the recent discussion of metal type among PPL'ers, I thought some of
      you might be interested in the current issue of _DA (The Devil's Artisan),
      A Journal of the Printing Arts_ no. 52, dedicated to Jim Rimmer. A table of
      contents:

      Jim Rimmer: Canada's Unique Type Craftsman
      by William Rueter

      The Cutting of Cartier in Metal
      by Jim Rimmer [This might be a reprint.]

      A Jim Rimmer Checklist
      by Don McLeod

      The Recent History of a History: Some New Steps towards Digitizing Canadian
      Graphic Design
      by Brian Donnelly

      Report (Ink Paper Lead, Board Leather Thread: An Exhibition
      of Hand-printed Books and Fine Bindings ...)
      by Judy Donnelly

      Illustrations include Juliana OS, Nephi Medieval, Fellowship, Amethyst
      Book, Credo Regular, Duensing Titling, and Hannibal OS (intended for an
      edition of _The Adventures of Tom Sawyer_).

      More information is online here:
      http://www.sentex.net/~pql/DA.html

      Paul

      Paul W. Romaine