Vandy on Ebay

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 6, 2001
      Number 4. Most popular of Vandercook's presees prior to the SP-15.
      Seller is in Cincinnati. Machine looks clean. Someone took care of it,
      or, at least, cleaned it up for the auction.

      Personally don't like the inking mechanisms on pre SP15/20/25 or
      Universal I/III Vandercooks. First documented ue of a Vandercook for
      fine edition work was in the early 50s. Became popular for fine printing in
      the mid-60s to mid-70s (post SP and Uni). Older models (3, 4, 219) picked
      up the carry over. But certainly capable of precise work.

      There used to be a caution in regard to Vandercooks, since they came
      with beds at type high or type high with galley. Lot of the galley presses
      were passed by in the old days. No longer a problem with photopolymer.
      Wish I now had one or two of those galley Universal I's I walked away
      from.

      http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1646725354

      Take a look see. Nice freshly painted feedboard.

      Ger