Re: [PPLetterpress] Re: Polymer toxicity?

  • Harold Kyle
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 5, 2001
      >It is good to know that no other manufacturer
      >makes any mention of toxicity.

      I suspect that no manufacturer _doesn't_ make a mention of toxicity.
      If they didn't, they would be very vulnerable to lawsuits related to
      a random allergic reaction. This information isn't printed on the
      back of each plate, of course, but on MSDSs. I don't have time to
      quote any of the MSDSs I have laying around--electrician's about to
      pull my plug--but you might check yours to see if it lists "Health
      Hazard Data." Mine targets "acrylate sensitive persons"...?

      Your plates may be manufactured differently than the ones we're
      talking about on the list. If you have a fax machine, request an MSDS
      for the plate you're using for information on its toxicity. If you
      develop a bad reaction because of contact with polymer plates,
      ignorance is no defense.

      Harold
    • Mark Attwood
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 7, 2001
        Harold wrote:

        > request an MSDS> for the plate you're using for information on its toxicity.

        Thanks Harold.

        Mark Attwood
        mark@...