RE: [PPLetterpress] Risca Type

  • Andrew Brown
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 11, 2003
      As Harold Berliner has pointed out, Riscatype was a Monotype shop. It
      was owned by Yendall & Co. Ltd and was apparently established in
      1870. The factory was at Risca in Monmouthshire and the London office
      in Red Lion Court off Fleet Street from 1951 to 1980. The specimen
      book I have runs to 256 pages, covers some 230 faces and was probably
      produced in the 1960s.

      AB
    • Andrew Brown