New to List

  • rpkegler
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 10, 2003
      Hi all,

      I have finally given my info to Yahoo in joining this list. Gerald and I have
      been having a good e-mail correspondence about Czech type designs.

      Can anyone here suggest a good source for specimens of Karel Dyrynk's
      "Dyrynkova Kursiva"?

      ...and to maximize this post:
      There will be some letterpress workshops at TypeCon in Minneapolis this
      summer. http://www.typecon2003.com
      --Highly recommended--
      (disclaimer- As one of the organizers, of course I highly recommend it)

      richard kegler
    • Mats Broberg
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 10, 2003
        > Hi all,
        >
        > I have finally given my info to Yahoo in joining this list.
        > Gerald and I have
        > been having a good e-mail correspondence about Czech type designs.
        >
        > Can anyone here suggest a good source for specimens of Karel Dyrynk's
        > "Dyrynkova Kursiva"?

        Regretfully not, but if your interest in Dyrynk's designs extends to the
        typeface Kralické, I have a small text typeset in that typeface that I
        can scan and send to you.

        Best regards,
        Mats Broberg

        Stockholm, Sweden
      • rpkegler
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 12, 2003
          --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, "Mats Broberg" <mats.broberg@a...>
          > Regretfully not, but if your interest in Dyrynk's designs extends to the
          > typeface Kralické, I have a small text typeset in that typeface that I
          > can scan and send to you.
          >
          > Best regards,
          > Mats Broberg

          Thanks for the offer Mats, but no need right now.
          I have pretty good survey of Dyrynks type designs in the 1936 Cesky Biblio=
          fil
          which shows the complete Kralické and the elusive Dyrynkova Kursiva, but I =

          am trying to find larger sizes still.

          regards
          Richard