Re: [PPLetterpress] Risca Type

  • Andrew Brown
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 10, 2003
      >I've been contacted by a gentleman in Wales who apparently has some NOS
      >Risca cast type available. I'm wondering if anyone is familiar with this now
      >defunct Welsh foundry. I suspect it was a Monotype foundry, as he tells me
      >he has some "Glint" ornaments available. these were Monotype as I recall.

      I used to buy from them, and still have their catalogue. I'll see
      what information it contains, if any, when I can dig it out.

      AB
    • Andrew Brown
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 11, 2003
        As Harold Berliner has pointed out, Riscatype was a Monotype shop. It
        was owned by Yendall & Co. Ltd and was apparently established in
        1870. The factory was at Risca in Monmouthshire and the London office
        in Red Lion Court off Fleet Street from 1951 to 1980. The specimen
        book I have runs to 256 pages, covers some 230 faces and was probably
        produced in the 1960s.

        AB
      • Andrew Brown