Clasps & corners

  • Mats Broberg
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 7, 2003
      Dear Charles @ L.A. Book Arts,

      I'll send this inquiry through the list, since your address returns
      extremely strange error messages... :)

      Anyway, I came across an old message of yours on the Book-Arts list:

      "I became tired of rebuilding cornes and clasps for the medieval books I
      restore, so I thought of a different solution; we will have soon a line
      of 65 different Bookcorners and clasps for sale,ranging from the 15
      century to the 18 centhury. They are recast in solid brass from original
      corners we have been buying all over the world. The corners and clasp
      are cast in germany bei Muller,we represent them exclusivly in the
      U.S.A. and Canada, and they are made in perfect craftsmanship,oeing it
      to the Quality in german Craftsmanshipand the Guild system under which I
      learned my trades too."

      If there is a catalog, I'd be interested in buying a copy. Please
      advise.

      Best regards,
      Mats Broberg
      Stockholm, Sweden
    • L.A. Book Arts, Inc
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 7, 2003
        Dear Mats,

        I just started a shopping cart with the clasps. all the images will be
        uploaded in a few more weeks.

        see www.custombindery.com
        regards,

        charles
        On Saturday, Jun 7, 2003, at 13:54 US/Pacific, Mats Broberg wrote:

        > Dear Charles @ L.A. Book Arts,
        >
        > I'll send this inquiry through the list, since your address returns
        > extremely strange error messages... :)
        >
        > Anyway, I came across an old message of yours on the Book-Arts list:
        >
        > "I became tired of rebuilding cornes and clasps for the medieval books
        > restore, so I thought of a different solution; we will have soon a line
        > of 65 different Bookcorners and clasps for sale,ranging from the 15
        > century to the 18 centhury. They are recast in solid brass from
        > original
        > corners we have been buying all over the world. The corners and clasp
        > are cast in germany bei Muller,we represent them exclusivly in the
        > U.S.A. and Canada, and they are made in perfect craftsmanship,oeing it
        > to the Quality in german Craftsmanshipand the Guild system under which
        > learned my trades too."
        >
        > If there is a catalog, I'd be interested in buying a copy. Please
        > advise.
        >
        > Best regards,
        > Mats Broberg
        > Stockholm, Sweden