newbie

  • michael babcock | interrobang
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 1, 2003
      hi list,

      i've signed up thanks to Gerald's gentle prod. blame him if i get under
      anyone's skin. i promise to bite my tongue regarding controversial issues.
      eh.. no i don't.

      since this is officially "polymer plate letterpress" i'll assume a list
      demographic which is computer proficient and perhaps even of a creative
      nature which might mean Apple users. (can i get a shout out from my peops on
      the list?)

      that being the assumption:

      for those who missed the post a while back to the .unb LETpress list, i've
      published an iCal of printer's dates.

      > You can subscribe to my calendar at:
      > webcal://icalx.com/public/interrobang/Printing32Holidays.ics
      >

      > To learn more about iCal or to download a copy, go to
      > http://www.apple.com/ical

      please feel free to email me about dates for consideration which have been
      missed as i simply based this on the 2003 Shooting Star Press "Printer's
      Calendar" with a couple additions of my own.

      looking forward to some 'higher bandwidth' discourse on letterpress (as time
      permits).

      --
      best in Pb/Sn/Sb,
      m | interrobang
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 1, 2003
        Hi Michael

        I am a graphic designer who goes back to Rapidograph pens, rubber
        cement and purchasing type from a Type House for megadollars. I now
        work on a Mac and don't long for the old days except for the fact
        that there are too many "designers" out there who think that graphic
        design is about making fancy pictures and forget about the
        communication aspect and the craft of typography. I purchased my
        Pilot Press at the urging of my husband (who always wanted a small
        press) and shortly after,when I discovered photopolymer, was
        overjoyed, since I have scant room to house trays of type and all the
        accoutrements. I also have almost every font know to man on my
        computer and have become addicted to the kerning finesse achievable
        on a computer.

        Welcome and have fun.
        --
        Carole M Aldrich