New York Letterpress Dinner

  • David S. Rose
    Message 1 of 1 , May 26, 2003
      Aw shucks [blush]. It was a truly great evening, and it was delightful
      to meet so many letterpress printers who are actually managing to make a
      living at this most anachronistic of passions! I came back from the
      Stationery Show with half a dozen CATALOGS of letterpress work from
      different presses, and was delighted with the overall quality.

      For list members who have yet to meet the beauteous Zida (and her
      equally beauteous daughter..they're often mistaken for sisters) in
      person, a treat awaits you if you ever manage to catch up to STUDIO Z
      MENDOCINO [grin].

      Other letterpress luminaries at the show (but certainly not an
      exhaustive list) included the Indian Hill Press (notional honorees of
      our dinner), B Designs, Saturn Press, Owen Says, Snow & Graham, Carrot &
      Stick Press, Fiddlesticks Press, SmudgeInk, Southside Greetings, and
      local denizens Kallemeyn Press, Modern Letterpress and Five Roses Press.

      A great time was had by all, and we should make this a regular
      occurrence!

      -David S. Rose
      Five Roses Press
      New York, NY