Call for submissions - Letterpress zine

  • karabookarts
    Message 1 of 1 , May 8, 2003
      I am working on a new zine, as yet untitled, that will be printed on
      my letterpress. It will come out twice a year. I will post the
      website here as soon as I get it up and running. I have decided to
      do this zine in the place of a new edition of The Zine Queens as
      there are lots of other places to find information on available
      zines.

      I am looking for submissions for the first issue, to be printed in
      August.

      SUBMISSION GUIDELINES:

      1. MOST IMPORTANT: Your artwork should be submitted either as a 2x3
      inch carved linoleum block or a steel backed photopolymer plate with
      a 2x3 print area. I will not accept submissions in any other format.
      It has to be something I can use to print on a letterpress. All art
      must be no larger than 2x3 inches. Please let me know if you need
      help finding linoleum blocks or a place to have your digital artwork
      turned into a photopolymer plate.

      2. The theme of the first issue is insects and spiders, so your art
      should somehow incorporate them. Your submission will have a better
      shot at being accepted if it veers away from cute, although humor is
      fine. It is fine to incorporate words into your art (it can even be
      all words if that's what strikes your fancy).

      3. COVER ART: All accepted pieces will be printed in one color
      EXCEPT the cover art. If you would like to have your art considered
      for the cover, you should send either two carved blocks or two
      photopolymer plates that will work together to make a single two-
      color image. Feel free to let me know if you have color suggestions.

      4. All unaccepted submissions will be returned to the artist. Please
      include enough postage for its return with your submission. If your
      work is accepted, it will be returned AFTER the final print run. I
      have not yet determined how many copies will be printed, but it will
      be a numbered limited edition.

      5. Renumeration (either in the form of $ or a copy of the zine) has
      not yet been determined.

      6. Please email me privately for the submission address.

      Please let me know if you have any questions, as I'm sure I've
      forgotten something important.

      Kara