New Letterpress paper

  • bielerpr
    Message 1 of 14 , Jun 16, 2014

      Strathmore has contacted me about their new paper Pure Cotton Letterpress and I've invited them over here. They will llkely provide samples and the like. Wait for it.

      I remember in the 1980s when Strathmore picked up on the Fine Print phenomenon and came out with Mohawk Letterpress Text. Printed a book or two with it. Was a pretty good paper. Very sad to see it go. The 90s were a bit of a decline. Let's not let that happen again.

      Gerald

    • enriquevw
      Message 2 of 14 , Jun 16, 2014
        I'd be happy to try it, there are efforts being made in Mexico to develop a commercial cotton paper.
        I'm pretty sure that soon someone will launch a letterpress marketed cotton paper.
      • Michael McGarvey
        Message 3 of 14 , Jun 17, 2014
          Thanks for the heads up on that Gerald. Though I cannot check it out there on west coast I will try it out here in NJ.
          Though I think it is PH nuetral wood pulp, I still love Mohawk Superfine for printing wood engravings. No dampening necessary.

          Michael

          From: "Bieler@... [PPLetterpress]" <PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com>
          Date: Monday, June 16, 2014 10:48 PM
          To: <PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com>
          Subject: [PPLetterpress] New Letterpress paper

          Strathmore has contacted me about their new paper Pure Cotton Letterpress and I've invited them over here. They will llkely provide samples and the like. Wait for it.

          I remember in the 1980s when Strathmore picked up on the Fine Print phenomenon and came out with Mohawk Letterpress Text. Printed a book or two with it. Was a pretty good paper. Very sad to see it go. The 90s were a bit of a decline. Let's not let that happen again.

          Gerald

        • Leora West Mauck
          Message 4 of 14 , Jun 17, 2014
            Great! We love new paper. Let us know when to stop by and/or how to get hold of the rep after you see (and love?) the new sheet.

            Leora Mauck, Co-Proprietor
            Copper Willow Paper Studio
            310.836.6004 and www.copperwillow.com

            Sent from my mobile device so please excuse typos

            On Jun 16, 2014, at 7:48 PM, "Bieler@... [PPLetterpress]" <PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

            Strathmore has contacted me about their new paper Pure Cotton Letterpress and I've invited them over here. They will llkely provide samples and the like. Wait for it.

            I remember in the 1980s when Strathmore picked up on the Fine Print phenomenon and came out with Mohawk Letterpress Text. Printed a book or two with it. Was a pretty good paper. Very sad to see it go. The 90s were a bit of a decline. Let's not let that happen again.

            Gerald

          • Bill
            Message 5 of 14 , Jun 17, 2014
              Don't get too excited boys and girls about the new Strathmore print paper. I have been a Strathmore dealer for over 30 years.  This paper has been formulated for students by a group of university professors. The goal was to produce a cheap print paper

              Thanks

              Bill
              Big Wheel Press

              Sent from my iPhone

              On Jun 17, 2014, at 10:51 AM, "Leora West Mauck leorawest@... [PPLetterpress]" <PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

              Great! We love new paper. Let us know when to stop by and/or how to get hold of the rep after you see (and love?) the new sheet.

              Leora Mauck, Co-Proprietor
              Copper Willow Paper Studio
              310.836.6004 and www.copperwillow.com

              Sent from my mobile device so please excuse typos

              On Jun 16, 2014, at 7:48 PM, "Bieler@... [PPLetterpress]" <PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

              Strathmore has contacted me about their new paper Pure Cotton Letterpress and I've invited them over here. They will llkely provide samples and the like. Wait for it.

              I remember in the 1980s when Strathmore picked up on the Fine Print phenomenon and came out with Mohawk Letterpress Text. Printed a book or two with it. Was a pretty good paper. Very sad to see it go. The 90s were a bit of a decline. Let's not let that happen again.

              Gerald

            • Fritz Klinke
              Message 6 of 14 , Jun 17, 2014

                You can go direct to Mohawk's website to find out about their new letterpress line:

                This was introduced a couple of weeks ago and they are really promoting it, along with a new line of envelopes made with Mohawk Superfine. It appears the paper industry is taking note of letterpress.

                Fritz

                From: "Bieler@... [PPLetterpress]" <PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com>
                Date: Monday, June 16, 2014 10:48 PM
                To: <PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com>

                Strathmore has contacted me about their new paper Pure Cotton Letterpress and I've invited them over here. They will llkely provide samples and the like. Wait for it.

                I remember in the 1980s when Strathmore picked up on the Fine Print phenomenon and came out with Mohawk Letterpress Text. Printed a book or two with it. Was a pretty good paper. Very sad to see it go. The 90s were a bit of a decline. Let's not let that happen again.

                Gerald

              • utegrepublic
                Message 7 of 14 , Jun 17, 2014

                  For anyone going to the APA Wayzgoose in Two Rivers, Wisconsin this coming weekend, there will be samples of this new paper there.

                  --Ph. D.

                  From: "Bieler@... [PPLetterpress]" <PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com>
                  Date: Monday, June 16, 2014 10:48 PM
                  To: <PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com>

                  Strathmore has contacted me about their new paper Pure Cotton Letterpress and I've invited them over here. They will llkely provide samples and the like. Wait for it.

                  I remember in the 1980s when Strathmore picked up on the Fine Print phenomenon and came out with Mohawk Letterpress Text. Printed a book or two with it. Was a pretty good paper. Very sad to see it go. The 90s were a bit of a decline. Let's not let that happen again.

                  Gerald

                • Red Oak Press
                  Message 8 of 14 , Jun 18, 2014
                    Legion Paper is shipping samples of this paper.

                    Red Oak Press
                    rick@...
                    http://www.redoakpress.com
                    610-444-4889 x10

                  • Chad Pastotnik
                    Message 9 of 14 , Jun 18, 2014
                      Not sure which paper is referred to below but Legion doesn’t carry any Strathmore papers, just called.

                      ________________________
                      Chad Pastotnik
                      Deep Wood Press 231.587.0506
                      website: http://www.deepwoodpress.com

                      blog: http://deepwoodpress.wordpress.com/

                      On Jun 18, 2014, at 9:25 AM, Red Oak Press rick@... [PPLetterpress] <PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                      > Legion Paper is shipping samples of this paper.
                      >

                      > Red Oak Press
                      > rick@...
                      > http://www.redoakpress.com
                      > 610-444-4889 x10

                    • Dan Selzer
                      Message 10 of 14 , Jun 18, 2014
                        They're plugging it on the front page of their site:

                        Probably a breakdown in communication between divisions...or one of those papers that Legion distributes but doesn't sell.

                        dan selzer

                        On Wed, Jun 18, 2014 at 4:14 PM, Chad Pastotnik chad@... [PPLetterpress] <PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                        Not sure which paper is referred to below but Legion doesn’t carry any Strathmore papers, just called.

                        ________________________
                        Chad Pastotnik
                        Deep Wood Press 231.587.0506
                        website: http://www.deepwoodpress.com

                        blog: http://deepwoodpress.wordpress.com/

                        On Jun 18, 2014, at 9:25 AM, Red Oak Press rick@... [PPLetterpress] <PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                        > Legion Paper is shipping samples of this paper.
                        >

                        > Red Oak Press
                        > rick@...
                        > http://www.redoakpress.com
                        > 610-444-4889 x10

                      • Harold Kyle
                        Message 11 of 14 , Jun 18, 2014
                          Legion was promoting this new paper at the National Stationery Show and was certainly distributing this paper last month.

                          Thanks
                          Harold

                          --
                          Boxcar Press
                          509 W. Fayette St. #135
                          Message 12 of 14 , Jun 19, 2014
                            Ahh, I see. Letterpress Paper is a division of Legion. I talked to Ted Ginsburg (founder & owner of Legion) and he wasn’t aware of it, said he didn’t carry Strathmore, and didn’t have samples but if it’s one of their spin-off divisions away from the fine imported paper he probably is out of the loop.

                            ________________________

                            On Jun 18, 2014, at 4:44 PM, Dan Selzer dan@... [PPLetterpress] <PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                            > They're plugging it on the front page of their site:
                            >
                            > http://letterpresspaper.com/
                            >
                            > Probably a breakdown in communication between divisions...or one of those papers that Legion distributes but doesn't sell.
                            >
                            > dan selzer
                            >

                            > On Wed, Jun 18, 2014 at 4:14 PM, Chad Pastotnik chad@... [PPLetterpress] <PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
                            >
                            > Not sure which paper is referred to below but Legion doesn’t carry any Strathmore papers, just called.
                            >
                            > ________________________
                            > Chad Pastotnik
                            > Deep Wood Press 231.587.0506
                            > website: http://www.deepwoodpress.com
                            >
                            > blog: http://deepwoodpress.wordpress.com/
                            >

                            > On Jun 18, 2014, at 9:25 AM, Red Oak Press rick@... [PPLetterpress] <PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
                            >
                            > > Legion Paper is shipping samples of this paper.
                            > >

                            > > Red Oak Press
                            > > rick@...
                            > > http://www.redoakpress.com
                            > > 610-444-4889 x10

                          • Dr.Dr.Ludwig Mohr
                            Message 13 of 14 , Jun 19, 2014
                              Chad,

                              Ted is my Rep from legion, he is retired and only deals with handmade papers and Line development as a adviser.

                              Ludwig

                              On Jun 19, 2014, at 10:13 AM, Chad Pastotnik chad@... [PPLetterpress] wrote:

                              Ahh, I see. Letterpress Paper is a division of Legion. I talked to Ted Ginsburg (founder & owner of Legion) and he wasn’t aware of it, said he didn’t carry Strathmore, and didn’t have samples but if it’s one of their spin-off divisions away from the fine imported paper he probably is out of the loop.

                              ________________________
                              Chad Pastotnik
                              Deep Wood Press 231.587.0506
                              website: http://www.deepwoodpress.com
                              blog: http://deepwoodpress.wordpress.com/

                              On Jun 18, 2014, at 4:44 PM, Dan Selzer dan@... [PPLetterpress] <PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                              > They're plugging it on the front page of their site:
                              >
                              > http://letterpresspaper.com/
                              >
                              > Probably a breakdown in communication between divisions...or one of those papers that Legion distributes but doesn't sell.
                              >
                              > dan selzer
                              >

                              > On Wed, Jun 18, 2014 at 4:14 PM, Chad Pastotnik chad@... [PPLetterpress] <PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
                              >
                              > Not sure which paper is referred to below but Legion doesn’t carry any Strathmore papers, just called.
                              >
                              > ________________________
                              > Chad Pastotnik
                              > Deep Wood Press 231.587.0506
                              > website: http://www.deepwoodpress.com
                              >
                              > blog: http://deepwoodpress.wordpress.com/
                              >

                              > On Jun 18, 2014, at 9:25 AM, Red Oak Press rick@... [PPLetterpress] <PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
                              >
                              > > Legion Paper is shipping samples of this paper.
                              > >

                              > > Red Oak Press
                              > > rick@...
                              > > http://www.redoakpress.com
                              > > 610-444-4889 x10

                            • Chad Pastotnik
                              Message 14 of 14 , Jun 19, 2014
                                He’s my rep too. Retired but still working with us fine press guys it seems. I’ll give his son a call and get my samples then…

                                Chad