Polimero A3 question

  • ductormanpaperboy
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 24, 2014
      Hi everyone

      I just purchased a used Polimero A3 platemaker. After cleaning up layers of crusty plate material from the bottom of the washout tank and scrubbing the brushes for hours I tested out the machine. Everything seemed to work o.k. except for the heater in the washout unit. I think that there may have been a thermostat in the tank but am not sure. When I push the heater button it lights up and the red light comes on and then switches off right away. I do have a thermostat on my smaller A5 polimero platemaker and am thinking of putting that on the machine. Does anyone have this machine and if I could get any info on how the heater in the tank works that would be great!

      Cheers
      Ian
    • parallel_imp
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 25, 2014
        If the bath overheats (as when run dry), there is a shutoff switch underneath. It is a bit of work to get to it on an A4 Polimero, assume the same for the A3.
         This is described in the Polimero instruction pdf which can be found in the files section of this group.
      • Ian Bristow
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 26, 2014
          I did remove the bottom but could not find the switch? I'm not sure if I missed it but I looked everywhere.
          Is it possible that the previous owners could have removed it?

          Thanks
          Ian

          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 27, 2014
            It was eight or ten years back that I looked, but I recall a microswitch on the underside of the tank. I recommend following the wires for the bath heating circuit. A missing switch might be indicated by a splice. Look also for a fuse on that circuit, if there was one that would be mounted somewhere in the open, probably on the back.
          • Ian Bristow
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 28, 2014
              Unfortunately it looks like there are 0 wires running into the tank so I'm not sure if they removed the heater/thermostat completely. How many wires run into the tank? if it is not to much trouble would it be possible for you to send me any pics?

              Cheers
              Ian

              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 29, 2014
                If it isn't underneath the tank, maybe the side is a possibility. Unless they changed the whole design, the safety switch is a little heat sensor that breaks the circuit at a critical temperature, so it would need to be in contact with the tank; I suppose a leg of the heating element could also be a place to sense overheating. The thermostat is a different unit, keeps the bath within a given working range.
                I don't have pics, or access to the machine.