Fontographer support

    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 11, 2003
      There is a new support group for Fontographer over at

      www.supportandmore.com

      Various levels of support are offered, a FOG blog is forthcoming, as
      is a book, Fontographer: Under the Hood. This is put up by Jim
      Gallagher, the long-time FOG support fellow over at Macromedia.

      Gerald
    • Fontdr@aol.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 11, 2003
        When will Fontographer be upgraded to OS X?
        Bob Trogman
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 11, 2003
          Bob

          The last upgrade was in 1996. I doubt that while FOG remains in
          Macromedia's hands it will ever be upgraded. But should it ever be upgraded
          to OSX, I assume this would be sometime following the Quark Express
          upgrade.

          Gerald

          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 11, 2003
            Jim is the best.
            I am taking it as an indication of the direction that Macromedia is going with Fog that he's left the company and is starting up 'support and more'

            Don't hold your breath for an OS X version ;-)

            >There is a new support group for Fontographer over at
            >
            >www.supportandmore.com
            >
            >Various levels of support are offered, a FOG blog is forthcoming, as
            >is a book, Fontographer: Under the Hood. This is put up by Jim
            >Gallagher, the long-time FOG support fellow over at Macromedia.
            >
            >Gerald
            >

            >• To respond to a post or post a message to the membership:
            >PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com
            >• Encountering problems? contact:
            >PPLetterpress-owner@yahoogroups.com
            >• To unsubscribe:

            Peter Fraterdeus http://www.midsummernightstamps.com
            http://www.fraterdeus.com |* + * + * + Rubber Stamp Fine Art!

            http://www.semiotx.com Web Strategy Consulting < * > Mac OS X

            "If a thousand [people] were not to pay their tax bills this year, that would not be a violent and bloody measure, as it would be to pay them and enable the state to commit violence and shed innocent blood."

            Henry David Thoreau, during Mexican-American War of 1846-48
          • Phillip Driscoll
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 11, 2003
              When will Fontographer ever be upgraded at all?

              I've had Fontographer 3.5 and 4.1 for years. I don't use
              them often. But about a year ago, someone suggested
              FontLab. I tried the demo version, and I feel it's a much
              better product. Someday I'll commit the funds to purchase
              the full version.

              --Phillip Driscoll

              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 13, 2003
                Peter

                In a response over at Typographica, Jim said this, "...FOG will rise
                from the ashes or be cloned by my mysterious team of coders..."

                http://typographi.ca/000567.php

                I'm assumning this means that yes, eventually we could expect a new
                FOG at some point.

                Gerald

                http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/