Re: [PPLetterpress] Help - Windmill Clutch Seized / Broken!!

  • Norman Hicks
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 2, 2014
      Where are you?

      Norman Hicks
      .
      Hicks Brothers Printing Equipment
      3080 Osgood Court
      Fremont, California, 94539
      United States of America

      Call us:         +1 415-575-0933 office
                           +1 415-725-1670 cell
      Email us:      HicksBrothers@...

      On Jan 2, 2014, at 11:02 AM, <elements100@...> <elements100@...> wrote:

      Hello,  I have a problem with the clutch on my windmill.  It is not engaging.  At first, it was seized so I loosend the two screws on the flywheel it turned by hand but when engaging the clutch, it didn't operate the machine.  Almost like its a snapped a pin or a gear inside that flywheel housing.  Does anyone know what to do?

    • parallel_imp
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 4, 2014

        Craig Black would be nearby, even in the winter.

      • Ron Holcroft
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 5, 2014
          Please post serial number. Lockouts? Thanks , Ron Holdroft

          Ron Holcroft
          Holcroft Letterpress
          (559) 683-3645

          On Jan 5, 2014, at 5:18 PM, <elements100@...> wrote:

          Thanks all who replied.  It is not the clutch but a bearing, bushing or gear inside the machine (beyond the flywheel).  I don't have the time to fix it so if anyone is interested in buying this 10x15 as is, please let me know.

        • Ron Holcroft
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 6, 2014
            I had a 1953 with later serial number than yours. My guess is before1953. Thanks, Ron.

            Ron Holcroft
            Holcroft Letterpress
            (559) 683-3645

            On Jan 6, 2014, at 9:08 AM, <elements100@...> wrote:

            41 180E

            No lockouts.  Blackball. I think from the late 1950's.

          • Fritz Klinke
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 6, 2014

              Use Google-- http://sellpress.com/sn.heid.2.htm This press is 1951 per the chart on this web site.

              Fritz

              No lockouts.  Blackball. I think from the late 1950's.