New Member

  • Shab Levy
    Message 1 of 14 , Sep 5, 2013
      Hello,

      I am a new member of this forum. I am not a graphic designer, nor a
      letterpress person. I am interested mostly in fonts and typefaces as an
      art form and in their history and philosophy. Any discussion on these
      topics would be of special interest to me.

      Thanks,

      Shab
    • Silber MaiKätzchen
      Message 2 of 14 , Sep 6, 2013
        There was a yahoo group called typophiles anonymous, but; unfortunately it no
        longer exists.

        The fun of the group was that the poster decided what language he or she wished
        to post with. in a given day the posts would be a mix of French, German, Italian,
        Greek and sometime English. I usually posted in Swiss German.

        The group started in the days of E-Groups and members included Adrian Frutiger,
        Herman Zaph, Erik Spiekermann, Robert Slimbach, Wolfgang Weingart, Matthew
        Carter, Carol Twombly, myself and many others.

        MaiKätzchen

        Dum loquimur, fugerit invida Aetas:
        Carpe diem!
        quam minimum credula postero!

        Horace
        Odes Book I

        I am a new member of this forum. I am not a graphic designer, nor a
        letterpress person. I am interested mostly in fonts and typefaces as an
        art form and in their history and philosophy. Any discussion on these
        topics would be of special interest to me.

        Thanks,

        Shab

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
            (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
            PPLetterpress-digest@yahoogroups.com
            PPLetterpress-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

      • divad
        Message 3 of 14 , Sep 6, 2013
          This is a very respectable list of people who have contributed significantly to typeface design. Too bad this list does not exist any longer, but I am glad that some members of this list are interested to talk about the topic.

          Thank you,

          Shab