Williams Stationery Co. Equipment Clearance Sale Continues....

  • Lance Williams
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 11 7:40 PM
      Letterpress Equipment Clearance Sale
      After 80 years in operation, we have decided it is time to close our doors as commercial letterpress business. I will be retaining a few pieces of equipment to maintain a smaller “hobby” based business out of our home, but the vast majority of our equipment and our buildings are now up for sale.

      Requesting that all equipment be removed by September 30, 2013.

      Unlike many others planning to close their doors, I am giving everyone plenty of advance notice to be able to find homes for as much of our equipment as possible. Everything that is not sold by September 30, 2013 will be sold at auction.
      Located at:
      Williams Stationery Co, Inc.
      67 Railroad Street
      Camden, New York
      (35 miles NE of Syracuse, NY)

      In our facility with a standard height loading dock for transferring to your truck for transport. You can see more details on my sales website at http://lwwilliams.com/lp

      Asking Prices Listed, no reasonable offer refused!
      Cash Only, Removal & Transportation costs are the responsibility of the purchaser.

      First with the cash get them!  Feel free to email me or use the contact form to arrange a visit to view any equipment you may be interested in.  Any of the operational equipment will be available for testing right up until it is sold and moved.

      I will require a 20% deposit on all equipment to hold the equipment for you until you can actually take possession of the equipment starting in July.  This will insure the equipment will be yours and make me feel confident you are going to come through with the final purchase as soon as possible….  Deposit may be mailed to me via check.

      Cash payment in full due before moving, loading or transporting any equipment.

      Operational “In Weekly or Recent Use” Presses:

      (2) Miehle Vertical V-50
      $600 each
      14”x20” max sheet size. Pre-WWII models with rear cross shaft. All in excellent running condition. One press has an inoperative ink fountain (break in casting). Some with good rubber rollers, some with older rollers that need to be recast. Extra roller cores available. Includes 2 chases for each press, additional available. Three are three phase, One is single phase electric.

      (2) B. Verner Multipress, Model FM
      $400 each
      9”x12” max sheet size, fountain and inking rollers only installed on the lead half of the sheet. Some good rubber rollers, and other rollers need to be recast, good cores. One chase for each press, some additional chases possibly. Three phase electric.

      (1) B. Verner Multipress, Model FR
      $450
      9”x12” max sheet size, full inking system with front and rear fountains installed. One chase, possibly more. Three phase electric.

      (1) 10×15 Chandler & Price Craftsman with Rice Feeder
      $750
      Fully functional feeder and (2) good rubber rollers. Includes ink fountain, variable speed drive controller and 3 phase motor. Equipped with vibrator/distributor roller holders, but the vibrator cores are worn. This press has been modified for running small envelopes 2-up, but can easily be returned to normal single sheet operation.

      Presses in Storage, Operational When Stored:

      (1) Miehle Vertical V-50
      $750
      14”x20” max sheet size. Post WWII Model with the 2-sized form roller modification (2” and 1-3/4” diameters) and the cross bar across the front of the cylinder. Includes 2 chases, additional available. I think this press is in need of motor rebuilding (3 phase) or replacing.

      (1) B. Verner Multipress, Model FM (Possibly FR)
      $400

      9”x12” max sheet size, unknown roller condition or core availability. One chase, possibly more. Three phase electric.

      (2) Little Giant Model 4 (?)
      $500
      11”x17” max sheet size, needs new rollers, cores available. Presses modified for specialty work printing napkins or lunch sacks, restoration for regular operation needed. Available chases unknown. Single phase, I think.

      (1) 10×15 Chandler & Price Craftsman with Rice Feeder
      $500
      Some feeder parts may be missing, but can be converted to hand-fed operation. Includes 1 chase. Three phase, if there is a motor attached.

      (1) 10×15 Chandler & Price Craftsman with Rice Feeder
      $300
      No Inking System, die cutting press only. Includes 1 chase. Three phase if there is a motor attached.

      Other Currently In  Use & Operational Equipment:

      (1) Seybold Dynaclamp 36” Hydraulic Clamp Cutter
      $1,500
      Includes extended side tables and additional knives. Three phase

      (1) Dexter 14”x20” Folder with Right Angle Unit
      $500
      Right angle unit currently removed, but can be easily replaced. Single phase

      (1) Bostitch Table Top Wire Stitcher
      $200
      This is a corner or edge stitcher, not a saddle stitcher.  Can not be converted to a saddle stitcher, either.  Includes a sit-down table/work area.

      (2) 24”x24” Cast Iron Imposing Stone Table & Galley Rack
      $150
      Cast Iron Imposing Stone mounted on a work-height legwork constructed from 2″ angle iron with a side work area that includes 8 shelves made of 24″x9″ galleys, 2 wide, and gently slanted top area to place galleys of type.

      (4) 18”x18” Cast Iron Imposing Stone Table & Galley Rack
      $100 each
      Cast Iron Imposing Stone mounted on a work-height legwork constructed from 2″ angle iron with a side work area that includes 8 shelves made of 24″x9″ galleys and gently slanted top area to place galleys of type.

      There are also many assorted small items that will be listed on eBay in the near future, as I have time to photograph and list these items. I will let everyone know when I start the listing of these smalls. My eBay ID is “LetterpressPrinter” (yeah, I got that one really early in eBay’s history!)

      All small items are being offered to press buyers first on a first pickup basis.  Those who buy equipment have the first pickings & bartering options on any supplies I have available to sell.  So once all the equipment is picked up, I will start selling off the small items that remain in our shop.

      All Intertype, Linotype and Ludlow mats will remain in my hobby shop
      We have no foundry or wood type in our shop, so no need to ask on these items.