Re: Fat lines

  • Red Oak Press
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 10, 2013
      You could wash a plate by hand, just rotating it on the brushes until everything '
      is washed away. That will tell you if it is the negative or the brushes causing the problems.

      Assume your vacuum and kreen (sp) are in good shape and you are getting definite
      full contact between the plate and the film.

      RED OAK PRESS | letterpress design & printing
      RICK ZIESING | 610.444.4889 x10 | Red Oak Press

    • hersomwally
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 10, 2013
        Have you checked the exposure with a stouffer scale? When I changed the bulbs in my Polimero A4 to Sylvania black light bulbs the exposure was all over the place. It took quite a while for them to 'burn in' and stabilize. In fact it still varies with ambient temp. and how warmed up the machine is.

        Let us know how your new brushes work out. I may need new brushes in mine, sooner or later.

        -Wally