tax time

  • rprice@wesleyan.edu
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 7, 2003
      howdy. Today is April 7th and we have a little blizzard. As in IT'S SNOWING FOR
      CHRISSAKES!
      How are you?
      It's that time of year and I of course deducted $524 (?) for Moxon pre-pay. My check was
      for three hundred something, since I had some credit. I don't think you sent me a receipt
      for that. Could you do that?
      So (in Gerald Lange tone of voice), when do I get my book?

      heeheehee. But I do hope you're coming along with it, and the revised smaller version is
      working well for you.
      Bummed that I didn't make it to Phil Gallo's shop while in MN. His was the only place I
      really regret that I didn't get to see. I did, however, make it to Greg's and the infamous
      Inkunabula Arts building. Turns out it was only about three blocks from where we stayed.
      It was really great to see the bindery, and Greg's really impressive library, and --oh yeah-
      - the blow up Edward Munch "Scream." Greg in his lair, and it was delicious. I wish I'd
      had more loitering time there, but he probably had to get on home anyway.

      cheers
      rp

      Robin Price, Printer & Publisher
      Starr Mill, Beverly Heights
      Middletown, CT 06457
      tel 860-344-8644 fax 860-344-0344
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 8, 2003
        Cautionary note on this:

        While TypeTool has a number of useful editing features, it does not have the Transformation/Effects (and other advanced features) that come with its big brother FontLab 4.5. Thus it can not really be fully used in configuring digital type for letterpress. Also, and unfortunately, with this release, FontLab 4.5's upgrade price has been kicked up a bit in price, from $199 to $299 (for those who have a previous version of either FontLab or Fontographer). So its still either of these two, FOG or FL. Fontographer, however, like TypeTool, cannot be used to edit OpenType fonts.