Re: How do I go about finding an electronic foundry to publish my fonts?

  • grove_08
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 12, 2013
      Silber, you might also try MyFonts.com. In fact P22 Foundry sells their fonts through MyFonts.com
      They are a good venue for individual font designers.
      You can find their prospectus here:
      http://www.myfonts.com/info/prospectus/
      In their words:
      MyFonts, the web site with the largest collection of fonts, has a track record of selling fonts to hundreds of thousands of users ranging from those who have never bought a font before to professional designers and advertising agencies.
      Participation is open to font foundries large and small, including individual designers. A simple review process ensures that your fonts meet the standards required.
      Good luck, Grover

      > Silber
      >
      > You could contact Richard Kegler at P22. I think he is a member of this list. Not sure he would take this on, but he would certainly be worth talking to.
      >
      > Gerald
      >

      > --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, Silber MaiKätzchen <maykitten1@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I have spent four years locating as many fonts of Intertype Medieval and Vogue
      > >
      > > as I couldalong with their sorts, redrawing the glyphs and digitizing them into
      > >
      > > new fonts.
      > >
      > > I now have fifteen fonts in text suitable versions, (for up to 14 point,) and twenty-
      > > one fonts in display suitable versions, (14 point and larger.) The new fonts reproduce
      > >
      > > identically to their hot metal counterparts, and have not been modernized or "adapted"
      > >
      > > to digital production.
      > >
      > > As to Vogue Magazines claim  to the copyright on the font, their legal department
      > >
      > > sent me a kind letter saying they have no interest since it was Intertype and ATF
      > >
      > > who designed the fonts. I have repeatedly sent requests for Heidelberg's permission
      > >
      > > to reproduce the faces both to the US and DE offices, but after three months I
      > >
      > > have gotten no reply from them expressing any interest to the fonts being reproduced
      > >
      > > or any claim to the copyright. (Lots of sales literature on their other products though.)
      > >
      > > I am wondering if there is a digital foundry that I could entice to handling the distri-
      > > bution of these faces; and how to find them.
      > >

      > > MaiKätzchen
      > >

      > > Dum loquimur, fugerit invida Aetas:
      > > Carpe diem!
      > > quam minimum credula postero!
      > >
      > > Horace
      > > Odes Book I

    • JS
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 13, 2013
        I was going to say the same thing. MyFonts is always my go-to place to look for a new font for a project. They are GREAT! Easy to work with, HUGE variety of fonts, and I've never been disappointed (except when I can't afford a font I want!) Go to myfonts.com and have a look.
        Good luck,
        Jennifer