How do I go about finding an electronic foundry to publish my fonts?

  • Silber MaiKätzchen
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 12, 2013
      I have spent four years locating as many fonts of Intertype Medieval and Vogue
      as I could along with their sorts, redrawing the glyphs and digitizing them into
      new fonts.

      I now have fifteen fonts in text suitable versions, (for up to 14 point,) and twenty-
      one fonts in display suitable versions, (14 point and larger.) The new fonts reproduce
      identically to their hot metal counterparts, and have not been modernized or "adapted"
      to digital production.

      As to Vogue Magazines claim  to the copyright on the font, their legal department
      sent me a kind letter saying they have no interest since it was Intertype and ATF
      who designed the fonts. I have repeatedly sent requests for Heidelberg's permission
      to reproduce the faces both to the US and DE offices, but after three months I
      have gotten no reply from them expressing any interest to the fonts being reproduced
      or any claim to the copyright. (Lots of sales literature on their other products though.)

      I am wondering if there is a digital foundry that I could entice to handling the distri-
      bution of these faces; and how to find them.

      MaiKätzchen

      Dum loquimur, fugerit invida Aetas:
      Carpe diem!
      quam minimum credula postero!

      Horace
      Odes Book I

      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 12, 2013
        Silber

        You could contact Richard Kegler at P22. I think he is a member of this list. Not sure he would take this on, but he would certainly be worth talking to.

        Gerald

        --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, Silber MaiKätzchen <maykitten1@...> wrote:

        > I have spent four years locating as many fonts of Intertype Medieval and Vogue
        >
        > as I couldalong with their sorts, redrawing the glyphs and digitizing them into
        >
        > new fonts.
        >
        > I now have fifteen fonts in text suitable versions, (for up to 14 point,) and twenty-
        > one fonts in display suitable versions, (14 point and larger.) The new fonts reproduce
        >
        > identically to their hot metal counterparts, and have not been modernized or "adapted"
        >
        > to digital production.
        >
        > As to Vogue Magazines claim  to the copyright on the font, their legal department
        >
        > sent me a kind letter saying they have no interest since it was Intertype and ATF
        >
        > who designed the fonts. I have repeatedly sent requests for Heidelberg's permission
        >
        > to reproduce the faces both to the US and DE offices, but after three months I
        >
        > have gotten no reply from them expressing any interest to the fonts being reproduced
        >
        > or any claim to the copyright. (Lots of sales literature on their other products though.)
        >
        > I am wondering if there is a digital foundry that I could entice to handling the distri-
        > bution of these faces; and how to find them.
        >

        > MaiKätzchen
        >

        > Dum loquimur, fugerit invida Aetas:
        > Carpe diem!
        > quam minimum credula postero!
        >
        > Horace
        > Odes Book I

      • grove_08
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 12, 2013
          Silber, you might also try MyFonts.com. In fact P22 Foundry sells their fonts through MyFonts.com
          They are a good venue for individual font designers.
          You can find their prospectus here:
          http://www.myfonts.com/info/prospectus/
          In their words:
          MyFonts, the web site with the largest collection of fonts, has a track record of selling fonts to hundreds of thousands of users ranging from those who have never bought a font before to professional designers and advertising agencies.
          Participation is open to font foundries large and small, including individual designers. A simple review process ensures that your fonts meet the standards required.
          Good luck, Grover

          > Silber
          >
          > You could contact Richard Kegler at P22. I think he is a member of this list. Not sure he would take this on, but he would certainly be worth talking to.
          >
          > Gerald
          >

          > --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, Silber MaiKätzchen <maykitten1@> wrote:
          > >
          > > I have spent four years locating as many fonts of Intertype Medieval and Vogue
          > >
          > > as I couldalong with their sorts, redrawing the glyphs and digitizing them into
          > >
          > > new fonts.
          > >
          > > I now have fifteen fonts in text suitable versions, (for up to 14 point,) and twenty-
          > > one fonts in display suitable versions, (14 point and larger.) The new fonts reproduce
          > >
          > > identically to their hot metal counterparts, and have not been modernized or "adapted"
          > >
          > > to digital production.
          > >
          > > As to Vogue Magazines claim  to the copyright on the font, their legal department
          > >
          > > sent me a kind letter saying they have no interest since it was Intertype and ATF
          > >
          > > who designed the fonts. I have repeatedly sent requests for Heidelberg's permission
          > >
          > > to reproduce the faces both to the US and DE offices, but after three months I
          > >
          > > have gotten no reply from them expressing any interest to the fonts being reproduced
          > >
          > > or any claim to the copyright. (Lots of sales literature on their other products though.)
          > >
          > > I am wondering if there is a digital foundry that I could entice to handling the distri-
          > > bution of these faces; and how to find them.
          > >

          > > MaiKätzchen
          > >

          > > Dum loquimur, fugerit invida Aetas:
          > > Carpe diem!
          > > quam minimum credula postero!
          > >
          > > Horace
          > > Odes Book I

        • JS
          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 13, 2013
            I was going to say the same thing. MyFonts is always my go-to place to look for a new font for a project. They are GREAT! Easy to work with, HUGE variety of fonts, and I've never been disappointed (except when I can't afford a font I want!) Go to myfonts.com and have a look.
            Good luck,
            Jennifer