San Jose History Park Printers Guild - Sat June 8th

  • Steve Robison
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 7, 2013

      To all interested letterpress printers in the San Francisco Bay Area...

      Tomorrow, Saturday June 8th is our monthly Printers' Guild group gathering at History Park in San Jose from 10 am - 12 noon.

      We will meet in the Pasetta House, a Victorian house just south and across the street from the Print Shop.

      Following our group meeting, we will open the Print Shop from 12 noon to 4pm to the general public.

      See the info below for further information and directions.

      Hope to see you there!

      --Steve
      _____________________________

      IT'S FREE AND IT'S FUN !!!

      You are ALL cordially invited to join us at the San Jose History Park Letterpress Printers Guild meeting, usually from 10 am - 12 noon on the 2nd Saturday of every month.

      This is when the members of the History Park Letterpress Printers Guild meet as a group to discuss the operation of the letterpress print shop in History Park, share letterpress "show and tell," and network with other letterpress printers. Guests are always welcome!

      Following the meeting, join us in the shop for a free tour and lots of letterpress fun. Then tour the rest
      of the recreated Victorian Village known as History Park. Ride the Trolley through town, have lunch or an
      ice cream at the turn of the century hotel eatery at O'Brien's, and enjoy the rest of the restored town and
      beautiful grounds outside...including the many fairs and festivals held on the grounds each year.

      The park is a recreated Victorian era town, made up of historic buildings moved there from various places in
      the San Jose area. The park is located at 1650 Senter Rd., San Jose, CA 95112 at the corner of Senter Rd. and Phelan.

      The park and Print Shop is often open to the general public each Saturday and Sunday from 12 noon to 4 pm (except for holidays and when people rent the park for special events).

      Admission is FREE, and if you park on Phelan or at the parking lot at the end of Phelan, parking is also usually free.

      Any questions, or to check and see if we'll be open on any particular day... just email me at robisonsteve@...

      HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE!!!

      DIRECTIONS:

      Directions from the San Francisco peninsula:

      Take 101 South to the Story Rd. Exit in San Jose
      Turn Right on Story Rd.
      Go about a mile on Story Rd. to Senter Rd.
      Turn Left on Senter Rd.
      Go on Senter Rd to the second stop signal at Phelan
      Turn Left on Phelan
      History Park will be on your left
      Park along the street or in the parking lot at the end
      of Phelan, then walk back to the History Park side
      entrance on Phelan.
      At 10 am the park will not yet be open, so if the gate is closed just push it open and walk in.
      Follow the main street into the park.
      The print shop will be a gray building with white trim on your right, just past the old gas station.

      The Printers Guild usually meets from 10am to 12 noon on the second Saturday of each month in the Hotel meeting room which is just behind the Gift Shop of the Hotel. The outside double doors to the meeting room are located just beyond the print shop building, on the side of the Hotel Building. Or, if you go around the corner to the main entrance to the Hotel, the inside door to the meeting room is in the back and to the right of the main lobby of the Hotel. If there is a special event where this meeting room is occupied, we move over to the Pasetta House and have our meeting there, . The Pasetta House is just south of the Print Shop across the street....and directly across the street from the Trolley Barn.

      Here is a mapquest link for a good map, and also if you need specific directions from your particular location...

      Mapquest Maps Link:

      http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?searchtype=address&country=US&addtohistory=&searchtab=home&formtype=address&popflag=0&latitude=&longitude=&name=&phone=&level=&cat=&address=1650+Senter+Rd&city=San+Jose&state=CA&zipcode=95112

      Steve Robison
      robisonsteve@...