Letterpress Master Class 21-23 June, Dubuque

    Message 1 of 1 , May 8 7:57 PM
      SlowPrint Studio Letterpress Master Class Redux 21-23 June!
      (participants should arrive in Dubuque by June 22nd)

      Limited to three or four participants (four if two come as a team!) This is the weekend prior to “Type on the Cob” in Mt Pleasant, Iowa. We’re sorry to say that we will not be able to attend Type on the Cob due to scheduling conflicts :(

      Rates are per person per day, and depend on the number of people committing. The three days will be around $400-500/day. If we get three or four, then everybody will get a much better deal!
      This is a all hands on, immersion style workshop. We just finished the May class with a group of three. Spent about 10 hours in the shop on Saturday, and 7 or so on the other days.

      We may have one intern slot open, at a substantially reduced rate, or free, depending on the number signed up. Please contact us off list.

      More info:
      http://slowprint.com/letterpress-master-classes
      http://www.briarpress.org/34135

      Full Syllabus available here— https://www.dropbox.com/sh/nwszve6hoco5n6a/MlwARDSnCC
      Feel free to share the link, but don't republish the files!

      SlowPrint welcomes private students of letterpress and typography at all levels into SlowPrint’s Dubuque studio for intimate three-to-five day intensive work sessions. Peter Fraterdeus has taught at Chicago’s School of the Art Institute, Columbia College Center for Book & Paper Art, Colorado College, IUAV (Treviso, Italy), and many other venues.

      He has received two National Endowment fellowships in the book arts (Calligraphy – Crafts Apprenticeship Grant (1981) and Type Design – Design Project Grant(1985)) and believes that typography is an information art quite distinct from graphic design.

      Unique Dubuque!
      SlowPrint is conveniently located in the center of Dubuque’s up and coming Historic Millwork Arts District, around the corner from the newly renovated Caradco Building, and the Voices Warehouse Gallery. We’re a stone’s throw from the Mississippi River, with its bald eagles, backwater canoeing, ancient bluffs, indigenous history, and quaint river towns.

      Peter Fraterdeus
      Slowprint.com / Semiotx.com