moving stuff

  • Norman Hicks
    Message 1 of 1 , May 8 11:40 AM
      We use Freightquote a lot. Talk with Judy (ext 1994), you might mention "the Hicks Brothers". There is a lot to know when you ship something. If it goes into a van, you need to buy insurance, absolutely! If it goes onto a flatbed you have the insurance built in.

      It is very good to put a skid (pallet) under the machine. Building a crate is also a very good thing as well

      Be aware that loading the truck (no big deal for us) can be challenge.

      Unloading, moving it to where you want it to live for awhile and getting it off of the skid may cost more than the shipping. The second phase is done by "riggers"––check the phone book (ha)

      Norman Hicks
      .
      Hicks Brothers Printing Equipment
      3080 Osgood Court