Re: [PPLetterpress] Hello, Plate maker etc!

  • Gene
    Message 1 of 11 , May 5 3:34 PM
      Try a place called mi logistics. Ask for Scott. Great service and excellent pricing over a number of different press moves.

      Sent from my iPhone

      On May 4, 2013, at 3:25 PM, Scott Rubel <scott@...> wrote:

      This sounds like a good option.

      Stay away from Freightquote.com. Years ago they ripped me off by charging $150 over what they quoted and I could never get them to pay me back.

      --Scott

      On May 4, 2013, at 6:12 AM, Sandra Youngblood wrote:

      Dear Taylor,

      When I bought my C&P Pilot from eBay, the seller was in Colorado and I needed it freighted to TX.  I did on line research and found this website: http://www.uship.com/find.  I posted the Pilot's dimensions, weight, pickup and delivery info, packing specifics (needed crating, etc.) and put it up for bid.  You can check the bidder's feedback and determine the best price accordingly.  My UShip transaction went flawlessly; the transporter kept in touch with me via cell phone every step. Definitely worth a shot.

      Best of luck to you.

      Sandra

    • 95a7357b73616968701f9ec864195ac7
      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 16, 2014
        Dear Rod Grantham,

        I'm new to PP processing for purposes of letterpress printing.

        Could I ask:

        1. Are you using a RIP to maximise results from your Epson printer?
        2. You mentioned that there are multiple brands of inkjet transparencies. I noted that Valley Litho no longer sells Bab's Waterproof on ebay (only non waterproof is available). Is the non waterproof version OK? If not, would you suggest any other alternatives?
        3. I understand you are using liquid PP. Do you think results be any different if I use PP Plate (typical letterpress PP eg. toyobo printight, abt 0.95-1.52mm thickness)?

        I've been researching for quite a while, and am fast concluding that inkjet film is probably the best way to go (vs laser printing / laser engraving)

        Thank you so much.

        Jorge
      • Silber MaiK├Ątzchen
        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 16, 2014
          I like to use Agfa's Myraid II film in matte, available in the US from Xante I use a
          Xante Platemaker 5 to print them, and the quality is fantastic. I use 2400 DPI resolution
          for halftones and 1200 DPI for line and type.

          Cost per 8.5"X11" matte neg/pos film $ 0.46,
          Cost per 11"x17" matte neg/pos film $ 0.91
          Cost per 11"x18.5" plate (A. B. Dick 360W) $ 1.36
          Cost per 13.875"x19.375" plate (A. B. Dick 9800 series) $ 1.77

          See: http://www.xante.com/

          Note 1: Myraid film will not play nice with the Xante Platemaker 6
          Note 2: The Xante Platemeker 6 is a &#% %*@# piece of merda vaffunculu. (Hearsay testimony
          from user.)

          Combined with the Epson 10000xl scanner, Quark Xpress and Photoshop you can
          image anything.

          MaiK├Ątzchen

          Dum loquimur, fugerit invida Aetas:
          Carpe diem!