RE: [PPLetterpress] Re: Uneven ink on plate

  • Kevin Martin
    Message 1 of 17 , Apr 17, 2013
      There is more than one "Stouffer scale". The company makes scales with different density ranges and also different density steps from one number to the next.

      -Kevin Martin
      the Papertrail Handmade Paper & Book Arts
      New Dundee, Ontario
      www.papertrail.ca

        Message 3 of 17 , Apr 18, 2013
          --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, Kevin Martin <kpmartin@...> wrote:

          > There is more than one "Stouffer scale". The company makes scales with different density ranges and also different density steps from one number to the next.

          The 21-step Platemaker's gray-scale has long been standard in commercial printing, and is what is sold by most suppliers of relief photopolymer plates. It is also what the manufacturer's specifications mean when they refer to Stouffer (they may also give values for other brands such as Dainippon etc.).
          --Eric Holub, SF