TODAY !!! YOU ARE INVITED !!! To the new Peninsula Museum of Art and Community Print Center

  • Steve Robison
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 15 11:37 PM

      *[Cross-Posted to a variety of letterpress, book arts, and print related lists and friends)*

      If you are like me, you don't sit in front of a computer all day long checking email.

      So you might have missed my first posting.

      If you did, here is a re-post as a last minute reminder of an awesome event happening TODAY!...

      The Community Print Center is alive in Studio 10 at the new Peninsula Museum of Art.

      and YOU ARE INVITED TO THE GRAND OPENING !!!...

      When:  TODAY !!!, Saturday March 16th

                  Drop in any time from 11:00 am to 5 pm.

      Where:  The Peninsula Museum of Art
                   1777 California Drive in
                   Burlingame, CA 94010
      !!!

      For those who know the area, it's right across the street from Peninsula Hospital, and right next door to the Burlingame Police Department.

      Complete directions and a map can be found at this link:

      So Come One, Come All to the Grand Opening of the Peninsula Museum of Art, and particularly to Studio 10, the "Community Print Center" for the printing arts... and also have a chance to wander through the 30 other studios occupied by painters, sculptors, photographers, textile artists, and more.... and be sure to visit the amazing new art gallery too.

      ABOUT THE COMMUNITY PRINT CENTER:
      As many of you know, I have been involved in developing a cooperative print center on the San Francisco Peninsula uniquely outfitted to offer presses and equipment to letterpress printers (and those who would like to be) who need access to a clean, well lighted place to print, and a community of people who can help each other learn, grow and create !

      The idea is to have a membership based cooperative center with 24/7 access to a fully outfitted letterpress shop. Classes will also be offered in beginning and advanced letterpress and relief printing techniques.

      I have moved some "light stuff" into the new studio space, including an 1880s 5x8 treadle operated Golding Pearl press, a Morgan flat bed press, a 5x8 Craftsmen press, and more....for display at this Grand Opening.

      With enough interest and support, we can continue to develop it into a fully outfitted shop with larger presses that are waiting in the wings ready to move in once we have enough interest and participation ( Two 8x12 C&P platen presses, a Vandercook proof press, hundreds of cases of type, a huge paper cutter, etc.)

      This Saturday will be a perfect opportunity to check out the Community Print Center space (Studio #10), ask me questions, and let me know if you are interested in either supporting or participating in this endeavor.

      And finally, here are a couple of  links to tell you more about the museum, art institute and Grand Opening:

      Hope to see  you there TODAY!

      Best wishes,

      --Steve

      Steve Robison
      robisonsteve@...

      -- this message was sent by monks from the 14th century who calligraphically scribed each letter with a quill feather prior to the invention of moveable type.