You Are Invited !!! -Tomorrow Sat Mar. 15 - Community Print-Peninsula Art Open House

  • Steve Robison
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 15 12:43 PM
      [Cross-Posted to a variety of letterpress, book arts, and print related lists and friends)

      The Community Print Center is alive in Studio 10 at the new Peninsula Museum of Art.

      YOU ARE INVITED !!!...

      ...to the Grand Opening and Open House of the new Peninsula Museum of Art... a newly renovated building complex ....and to a preview of the Community Print Center in Studio 10...  The free event will be tomorrow:

      When:  Tomorrow, Saturday March 16th

                  Drop in any time from 11:00 am to 5 pm.

      Where: 1777 California Drive in Burlingame, CA 94010 !!!

      For those who know the area, it's right across the street from Peninsula Hospital, and right next door to the Burlingame Police Department.

      Complete directions and a map can be found at this link:

      http://peninsulamuseum.org/about/directions-contact-us

      So Come One, Come All to the Grand Opening of the Peninsula Museum of Art, and particularly to the Studio 10 "Community Print Center"  for the printing arts... along with 30 other studios occupied by painters, sculpters, photographers, textile artists, etc., and an amazing art gallery.

      ABOUT THE COMMUNITY PRINT CENTER:
      As many of you know, I have been involved in developing a cooperative print center on the San Francisco Peninsula uniquely outfitted to offer presses and equipment to letterpress printers (and those who would like to be) who need access to a clean, well lighted place to print, and a community of people who can help each other learn, grow and create !

      The idea is to have a membership based cooperative center with 24/7 access to a fully outfitted letterpress shop. Classes in beginning and advanced letterpress and relief printing techniques.

      I have moved some "light stuff" including an 1880s 5x8 treadle operated Golding Pearl press, a Morgan flat bed press, a 5x8 Craftsmen press, etc. ...into the space for display for this Grand Opening.

      With enough interest and support, we can continue to develop it into a fully outfitted shop with larger presses that are waiting in the wings ready to move in once we have enough interest and participation ( Two 8x12 C&P platen presses, a Vandercook proof press, hundreds of cases of type, a huge paper cutter, etc.)

      This Saturday will be a perfect opportunity to check out the Community Print space, ask me questions, and let me know if you are interested in either supporting or participating in this endeavor.

      And finally, here are a couple of  links to tell you more about the whole museum and art institute and Grand Opening:

      http://www.peninsulaartinstitute.org/news/peninsula-art-institute-grand-opening

      http://www.smdailyjournal.com/article_preview.php?id=1762018

      See your there tomorrow!

      Best wishes,