Re: [PPLetterpress] Re: exposure time/worn out bulbs?

  • Jonathan Jarvis
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 1, 2013
      I use a god company called Pomeroy Press room Products in Uk  who supply parts for Pre-press platemakers, very good people to work with maybe they can help

      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 1, 2013
        good company..........!

        I use a god company called Pomeroy Press room Products in Uk  who supply parts for Pre-press platemakers, very good people to work with maybe they can help

        Order from Europe. I have a side business where I am constantly ordering
        from European countries: Spain, Italy, Poland, Germany, Ireland,
        Hungary, Finland, Latvia, etc. (I avoid Russia!!!). Never had a problem
        except for the transit wait.

        Gerald

        On 1/27/13 6:24 PM, hersomwally wrote:
        > I searched google with every variation of terms with that part number and could only find suppliers in Europe.
        >
        > The bulbs actually look pretty good. No discoloration to speak of. All the lights come on at the same time and almost instantly, so hopefully that means the ballasts are OK.
        >

        > --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, Gerald Lange wrote:
        >> Wally
        >>
        >> Do a Google search with the terms bulbs and TL44d25/09n. There are a
        >> number of suppliers.
        >>
        >> If your bulbs have a grayish-brown look to both ends, they are likely on
        >> the wane. But that would indicate that the electrics, especially the
        >> ballasts are okay. If very dark on one end, not so good.
        >>
        >> Did you check to make sure all the bulbs come on at once? or if there is
        >> some staggering problem? You might want to redo the ballasts as well.
        >> The Rocket 5 is an incredible ballast (and fairly low priced) though you
        >> might be in for a major rewiring job.
        >>
        >> A long time ago, very early on, I think Harold Kyle mentioned that
        >> Boxcar was supplying parts for Polimeros. Not sure if that is any longer
        >> the case.
        >>
        >> Gerald
        >>

        >> On 1/27/13 4:20 PM, hersomwally wrote:
        >>> I've finally gotten around to trying our Polimero A4 machine and I've got my first (of many i'm sure) question.
        >>>
        >>> I'm using 152sb plates and the info from boxcar says to expose for 2:30-4:00 minutes for a 17-18 on the 21 step scale.
        >>>
        >>> 4 minutes only got me to 13 on the scale, so I cranked it up to 7 minutes and it still only got it up to 16 on the scale.
        >>>
        >>> Is this normal for my machine or does this mean my bulbs are worn out?
        >>>
        >>> The bulbs in the machine are tl44d25/09n which is a t8 20watt 18 inch. I can't seem to locate any replacements in the US. any idea where to look? (I can't find it on atlanta light bulbs' site).
        >>>
        >>> Thanks,
        >>>
        >>> Wally

      • Mª Dolores Jiménez Mondragón
        Message 3 of 12 , Feb 1, 2013

          Somebody can give us details about a Spanish seller of bulbs for platemakers?

          Thank you and regards,

          Lola