Re: [PPLetterpress] Film Negatives

  • Scott Rubel
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 16, 2013
      My go-to for good negatives is Mika Color in Hermon. They are easy to deal with. Danny is very conscientious and a few times has saved me from my own mistakes.
      <http://www.mikacolor.com>

      I am in Pasadena and it takes about ten minutes to drive there and pick up the negative (corner of Ave. 60 and Monterey). I email him the files.

      --Scott

      On Jan 16, 2013, at 12:02 AM, hersomwally wrote:

      > Does anybody know of a good service bureau for making film negatives anywhere near Pasadena? Burbank, Glendale, etc.
      > Thanks!
      > Wally

    • Prepress <Dr. Mohr>
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 16, 2013
        And there is:

        http://4cadi.com/
        ___________________________________
        Prepress and Color separations,
        Polymerplates for Letterpress and Intaglio
        310.217.0400
        www.KrauseIntaglio.com
        www.Handpresse.com

        On Jan 16, 2013, at 12:02 AM, hersomwally wrote:

        Does anybody know of a good service bureau for making film negatives anywhere near Pasadena? Burbank, Glendale, etc.
        Thanks!
        Wally

      • Charles Jones
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 16, 2013
          This was a contact from Gerald Lange. I have used him with good success.
          Charles Jones

          Tamburello Productions
          Oron Kotlizky
          2525 Michigan Avenue, Suite T-2, Santa Monica, CA 90404

          The price is right, the quality is right, the speed is right; plus
          there is no delivery charge, and the dude who delivers is cool. Lordy,
          a service bureau that responds to clients!!!

          For those who have requested this:

          Tamburello Productions
          Oron Kotlizky
          2525 Michigan Avenue, Suite T-2, Santa Monica, CA 90404

          310-828-6864

          Email address is r12n(at)earthlink.net Note: (at) is used here as

          LA film negative processor. Accepts electronic files. Has delivery
          service.

          Gerald

          Charles Jones

          Director & master printer
          LaNana Creek Press
          13001 SFA Station
          Nacogdoches, TX 75962

          On Jan 16, 2013, at 2:02 AM, hersomwally <cwhersom@...> wrote:

          Does anybody know of a good service bureau for making film negatives anywhere near Pasadena? Burbank, Glendale, etc.
          Thanks!
          Wally

        • hersomwally
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 17, 2013
            Thanks for the recommendations guys! I'll give Mika Color a try first since they are nice and close.
            -Wally