Film Negatives

  • hersomwally
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 16, 2013
      Does anybody know of a good service bureau for making film negatives anywhere near Pasadena? Burbank, Glendale, etc.
      Thanks!
      Wally
    • Scott Rubel
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 16, 2013
        My go-to for good negatives is Mika Color in Hermon. They are easy to deal with. Danny is very conscientious and a few times has saved me from my own mistakes.
        <http://www.mikacolor.com>

        I am in Pasadena and it takes about ten minutes to drive there and pick up the negative (corner of Ave. 60 and Monterey). I email him the files.

        --Scott

        On Jan 16, 2013, at 12:02 AM, hersomwally wrote:

        > Does anybody know of a good service bureau for making film negatives anywhere near Pasadena? Burbank, Glendale, etc.
        > Thanks!
        > Wally

      • Prepress <Dr. Mohr>
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 16, 2013
          And there is:

          http://4cadi.com/
          ___________________________________
          Prepress and Color separations,
          Polymerplates for Letterpress and Intaglio
          310.217.0400
          www.KrauseIntaglio.com
          www.Handpresse.com

          On Jan 16, 2013, at 12:02 AM, hersomwally wrote:

          Does anybody know of a good service bureau for making film negatives anywhere near Pasadena? Burbank, Glendale, etc.
          Thanks!
          Wally

        • Charles Jones
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 16, 2013
            This was a contact from Gerald Lange. I have used him with good success.
            Charles Jones

            Tamburello Productions
            Oron Kotlizky
            2525 Michigan Avenue, Suite T-2, Santa Monica, CA 90404

            The price is right, the quality is right, the speed is right; plus
            there is no delivery charge, and the dude who delivers is cool. Lordy,
            a service bureau that responds to clients!!!

            For those who have requested this:

            Tamburello Productions
            Oron Kotlizky
            2525 Michigan Avenue, Suite T-2, Santa Monica, CA 90404

            310-828-6864

            Email address is r12n(at)earthlink.net Note: (at) is used here as

            LA film negative processor. Accepts electronic files. Has delivery
            service.

            Gerald

            Charles Jones

            Director & master printer
            LaNana Creek Press
            13001 SFA Station
            Nacogdoches, TX 75962

            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 17, 2013
              Thanks for the recommendations guys! I'll give Mika Color a try first since they are nice and close.
              -Wally