Re: Hebrew typesetting

  • Eric
    Message 1 of 15 , Dec 17, 2012
      --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, "Norman McKnight" <philoxenia@...> wrote:

      > The Hebrew mats cast by Chris Chen are of unknown whereabouts at present.

      Chris left some of this at my shop. Some is cast on 36 point body, some on 30, No diacriticals.
      --Eric Holub, SF
    • Yehuda Miklaf
      Message 2 of 15 , Dec 18, 2012

        The David Hebrew that I have was cast from the mats at the Jerusalem Type Foundry. I rescued the mats when the foundry gave its last gasp and everything is now at the National Library. I borrowed the two sets of David mats and had some type cast at Wagner Ingolstadt when it still operated.

        I think there are some mats at the Print Museum in Leipzig. I saw some Hebrew type there and assumed that they cast it.

        I also have inherited the set of David that Ismar David had cast from the Intertype mats for his part in the Liber Librorum. He gave it to Erich and Lili Wronker of Ron Press and Lili gave it to me.

        -Yehuda

        Yehuda Miklaf

        fritzmiklaf@...

        www.yehudamiklaf.com