Re: [PPLetterpress] Re: Hebrew typesetting

  • Bill
    Message 1 of 15 , Dec 16, 2012

      You are referring to Pardes Rimonim Press of Woodmere, New York.  They did a 14 page illustrated folio of Song of Songs in Hebrew. And they have disappeared.

      Bill
      Big Wheel Press

      Sent from my iPad
    • Stephen Lubell
      Message 2 of 15 , Dec 17, 2012

        Thanks to everyone who replied to my message re Hebrew casting. I will reply separately.

        Stephen Lubell

        31B Clarence Road

        London N22 8PG

        0208 888 7567

        Slubell@...

      • Eric
        Message 3 of 15 , Dec 17, 2012
          --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, "Norman McKnight" <philoxenia@...> wrote:

          > The Hebrew mats cast by Chris Chen are of unknown whereabouts at present.

          Chris left some of this at my shop. Some is cast on 36 point body, some on 30, No diacriticals.
          --Eric Holub, SF
        • Yehuda Miklaf
          Message 4 of 15 , Dec 18, 2012

            The David Hebrew that I have was cast from the mats at the Jerusalem Type Foundry. I rescued the mats when the foundry gave its last gasp and everything is now at the National Library. I borrowed the two sets of David mats and had some type cast at Wagner Ingolstadt when it still operated.

            I think there are some mats at the Print Museum in Leipzig. I saw some Hebrew type there and assumed that they cast it.

            I also have inherited the set of David that Ismar David had cast from the Intertype mats for his part in the Liber Librorum. He gave it to Erich and Lili Wronker of Ron Press and Lili gave it to me.

            -Yehuda

            Yehuda Miklaf

            fritzmiklaf@...

            www.yehudamiklaf.com