Re: Death of a Pressman [on reading articles online]

  • Barbara Hauser
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 26, 2012
      Thanks, Ian, and thanks, Gerald, for passing that on.

      I want to take the opportunity to mention that I have discovered a browser extension that has made reading articles online much more pleasurable for me. It can be found at readability.com. The extension removes all clutter from the web page and reformats the article -- adjusting the line length, adding ample leading, and using a screen-friendly typeface -- to make the article much easier on the eye. There is a companion app for smartphones and tablets. You can save an article to "read later," and you will find it not only on your computer at readability.com but also on your phone.

      Sorry for sounding like an advertisement, but I've been much more inclined to read longer internet articles since I've started using Readability.

      Barbara