Re: [PPLetterpress] Re: Inkjet negatives

  • Dan Selzer
    Message 1 of 37 , Aug 23, 2012
      On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 8:26 PM, Peter Bruce <pcpete100@...> wrote:
      When it comes to fine detail for letterpress work, it's not the negatives that hold you back but the limitations of the plates. One can produce finer detailed accurate inkjet negs than one can image successfully on polymer plates. Of course the problem is, if you're thinking of investing in high end inkjet technology the cost is prohibitive for modest purposes. If you plan to use your equipment for a variety of production purposes it's not so bad and it's chemical free and quick.

      That's the issue though. People are discussing using consumer epson printers like the silkscreen printers are and claiming to be getting quality results, and I'm not sure I believe it.
    • Chad Pastotnik
      Message 37 of 37 , Sep 1, 2012
        My apologies Gerald, I'd forgotten the rules for this list but won't repeat.
        ________________________
        Chad Pastotnik
        Deep Wood Press        231.587.0506
        website: http://www.deepwoodpress.com

        On Sep 1, 2012, at 1:54 AM, PPLetterpress-owner@yahoogroups.com wrote:

        Hi Chad and others

        Sorry to have to say but you can only post mention of items for sale if you are the seller. Saying "I have no other information or contact with the seller" might seemingly get you off the hook but it doesn't get Yahoo! off the hook if the seller comes after them for harassment/privacy issues. Yahoo! will dump us in the wink of an eye for infractions. See their guidelines at the bottom of the group site page or the PPL guidelines in the Files section for further information.

        Gerald

        --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, Chad Pastotnik <chad@...> wrote:

        Just came across a listing from a used equipment seller here in the midwest:

        TPX METRO EXPRESS Thanks for receiving the TPX Metro Express that local printers and trade shops may receive, in which we list SOME OF the equipment that printers in your region want to sell now and which advertises the TPX services offerred atwww.tpxonline.com.
            Please visit www.tpxonline.com or call TPX at 1-800-955-1879 to:
              1.. search the entire TPX Marketplace and our on-line auctions. Contact sellers with the best deals
              2.. advertise your equipment for as little as $50 "until-it-sells" and also start auctions
              3.. finds the best prices on rollers, parts, supplies and equipment listed in the TPX Shopping System
              4.. outsource printing and other jobs using the TPX Buyers Guide
              5.. find employees by placing help-wanted ads in the TPX Jobs Marketplace

        and the specific listing:

            A & V ORBITAL 8   $2,000 OBO,9 X 12.5",CLEAN, LOW USE KAREN HEIBERGER otagman@...

        I have no other information or contact with the seller just thought others here may be interested.

        blog: http://deepwoodpress.wordpress.com/