Re: [PPLetterpress] Re: Inkjet negatives

  • Dan Selzer
    Message 1 of 37 , Aug 22, 2012
      Maybe I don't understand something but I'm still confused at how inkjet negatives (or positives for that matter) can be sharp enough for letterpress use. When I used to work at a service bureau in the mid/late 90s I used to make Lino 330 film at 2450 dpi. It was one thing to use inkjet film for silkscreen, with it's courser meshes and screens, but I would think letterpress would require better/sharper detail. I'm not even talking about the density, just the sharpness of a line. Am I underestimating the quality/detail you can get from inkjet?
    • Chad Pastotnik
      Message 37 of 37 , Sep 1, 2012
        My apologies Gerald, I'd forgotten the rules for this list but won't repeat.
        ________________________
        Chad Pastotnik
        Deep Wood Press        231.587.0506
        website: http://www.deepwoodpress.com

        On Sep 1, 2012, at 1:54 AM, PPLetterpress-owner@yahoogroups.com wrote:

        Hi Chad and others

        Sorry to have to say but you can only post mention of items for sale if you are the seller. Saying "I have no other information or contact with the seller" might seemingly get you off the hook but it doesn't get Yahoo! off the hook if the seller comes after them for harassment/privacy issues. Yahoo! will dump us in the wink of an eye for infractions. See their guidelines at the bottom of the group site page or the PPL guidelines in the Files section for further information.

        Gerald

        --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, Chad Pastotnik <chad@...> wrote:

        Just came across a listing from a used equipment seller here in the midwest:

        TPX METRO EXPRESS Thanks for receiving the TPX Metro Express that local printers and trade shops may receive, in which we list SOME OF the equipment that printers in your region want to sell now and which advertises the TPX services offerred atwww.tpxonline.com.
            Please visit www.tpxonline.com or call TPX at 1-800-955-1879 to:
              1.. search the entire TPX Marketplace and our on-line auctions. Contact sellers with the best deals
              2.. advertise your equipment for as little as $50 "until-it-sells" and also start auctions
              3.. finds the best prices on rollers, parts, supplies and equipment listed in the TPX Shopping System
              4.. outsource printing and other jobs using the TPX Buyers Guide
              5.. find employees by placing help-wanted ads in the TPX Jobs Marketplace

        and the specific listing:

            A & V ORBITAL 8   $2,000 OBO,9 X 12.5",CLEAN, LOW USE KAREN HEIBERGER otagman@...

        I have no other information or contact with the seller just thought others here may be interested.

        blog: http://deepwoodpress.wordpress.com/