Re: [PPLetterpress] Files Update

  • John Cornelisse
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 27, 2003
      At 00:57 28-03-2003 +0000, you wrote:
      >Brian Allen's PDF file has been updated and should now be readable
      >without problem. This is located in the How-To folder.

      Gerald,

      Could you inform me, where on the net to find this information ? An
      address, an entrance of any sort ?

      Recently I have seen some machine, German made, which engraves plastic
      plates with the help of a photo-electric cell for letterpress. A black and
      white photo or picture was placed on a glass-plate and on top of it the
      raster-plate was made.

      We could not take it with us, because of the ridiculous amount of money asked.
      I don't know if the original plates are still available though.

      But this machine could be a dry alternative for photopolymere.

      Best wishes,

      John

      >In the Technical Reports folder I have put a PDF on an interesting new
      >development from BASF. A method of direct laser transfer of digital
      >data to photopolymer plates (both steel and plastic backed) formulated
      >for letterpress printing.
      >
      >Gerald

      John Cornelisse

      Enkidu-Press, letterpress & type-founding, Apa 754
      Vaartstraat 23, 4553 AN Philippine, zeeuws vlaanderen
      The Netherlands, +31 (0) 115 491184
      email: enkidu@...

      'You are so handsome, Enkidu, you are just like a god !
      Why with the beast do you wander in the wild ?
      Come I will take you to Uruk-the-Sheepfold,
      to the sacred temple, home of Anu and Isthar,

      Where Gilgamesh is perfect in strength,
      like a wild bull lording it over the menfolk.
      So she spoke to him and her word found favour,
      he knew by instinct, he should seek a friend.

    • Paul W Romaine
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 28, 2003
        > At 00:57 28-03-2003 +0000, you wrote:
        > >Brian Allen's PDF file has been updated and should now be readable
        > >without problem. This is located in the How-To folder.
        > Could you inform me, where on the net to find this information ? An
        > address, an entrance of any sort ?

        Hi John,

        If you subscribed to the PPLetterpress listserv via the Yahoo website,
        then you should have an ID and Password to access the PPLetterpress
        site through the portal: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PPLetterpress

        The site, which includes message archives, links, files, pictures and
        databases, is restricted to Listserv members who have a Yahoo ID and
        Password. (My favorite part is the links to digital foundries. There
        are some real gems, hard to find elsewhere.)

        Best,

        Paul
        Paul W. Romaine
        romaine@...
        http://home.pipeline.com/~romaine
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 28, 2003
          John,

          I will send you a Request Profile. This will come as an email. Follow
          this and you will be able to obtain your Yahoo ID and have access to
          the PPLetterpress site as well as all other Yahoo group sites.

          Can you furnish further information on this photo-electric cell
          process? A URL? or contact info? Would like to pursue this a bit.

          Gerald