Guillotine cutter clamp won't release upwards

  • robinprice4343
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 10, 2012
      Suddenly when I try to release the clamp on my manual Challenge guillotine (26.5" w, model HL) after finishing a cut, the top wheel doesn't spin loosely as usual, it has some drag on it, and the clamp isn't moving up at all. Still clamped firmly on the stack of paper.

      Any help will be most appreciated.

      And, yes, I shouldn't be cutting paper late on a Friday, anyway.
      rp
    • Robin Price
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 10, 2012
        Actually it was a broken pin at the top wheel. Eventually we got the clamp released and I'll dislodge the remaining part of the pin and get a replacement pin.

        Glad it's not a stripped screw.
        rp

        Robin Price, Printer & Publisher
        Starr Mill, 91 Beverly Heights, Middletown, CT 06457 phone 860-344-8644