Re: [PPLetterpress] {Cross Posted] Letterpress Printers of the World Website Redesign....

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 12, 2012
      Thanks Lance!!

      Good luck with the new WordPress, I think it's the way to go.

      I'm in the midst of a difficult review and revisioning of slowprint.com, as well, and have pretty much decided to go with Wordpress as well.

      I've run my own web hosting, domains and DB for a couple of decades...

      Never easy, though ;-)

      On 12 Jul 2012, at 10:09 PM, Lance Williams wrote:

      Back last fall, I contemplated discontinuing the "Letterpress Printers of the World" website that I started collecting information for back in the Fall of 2004 and brought online in 2005.  Since 2007, I have done little with the updating, etc, as I had lost the proprietary source code for the website that my web authoring software at the time used for creating the site's HTML & CSS files...

      Last fall, a few other people on these lists offered to help me update the site, and we talked via email a few times, but nothing ever developed, and I was not going to be the one to constantly push others to help redesign the site, so I just dropped it for a few months....  Now that I have been working on multiple other websites for my High School alumni association and various class years, I decided to take that experience and redesign the website using an interactive database and WordPress as the basis for the site's backbone.

      I have only put a few hours work into the redesign at present, but it is ready to fly and have my fellow letterpress printers add their information to the database so I can more information in the database to continue to tweak the displays, etc.

      I HAVE NOT AND WILL NOT copy any of the information from the old site onto the new site, so if you were on the old site and wish to continue your listing on the new site, you will have to go to the new site and enter your information.  I have left both sites open and available so you can review your old listing before entering your new information.  You can even cut & paste from one site to the other if you bring them up in two windows or tabs :-)

      The old site is still at: http://www.letterpressprinters.org

      The new site is located at" http://www.letterpressprinters.org/wp

      So, check things out and update or enter your information at your convenience :-)

      - Lance Williams
      Williams Stationery Company
      Camden, New York
      APA #785