Re: [PPLetterpress] California wash?

    Message 1 of 6 , May 10, 2012

      I'm using  WM (Water Miscible) Wash from LithCo.
      It's California Wash but not called that...

      Lithco WM Wash - 5 Gallons

      $102.50

      A water miscible wash designed for medium sized presses

      Rejuvenates as it cleans. Can be mixed with up to 25% water to remove gum glaze, paper piling and spray powder.
      Flash point is over 100°F.

      • Does not contain any chlorinated hydrocarbon solvents
      • Good drying speed

      NO-A
      Product cannot be shipped by air due to volume limitation.
      Product is not hazardous if shipped via ground.
      No HAZMAT surcharge in ground transport.

      • Model: CHM-WM5

      On 10 May 2012, at 3:49 PM, Claire Taylor wrote:

      Does anyone know of a supplier who carries California Wash?

      Thanks!

      Claire Taylor
      Studio Manager
      Book Arts Program
      J. Willard Marriott Library
      University of Utah
      www.bookartsprogram.org
      801.585.9191

    • Silber MaiKätzchen
      Message 2 of 6 , May 10, 2012
        Actually Valley Litho comes to mind.

        MaiKätzchen

        Dum loquimur, fugerit invida Aetas:
        Carpe diem!
        quam minimum credula postero!

        Horace
        Odes Book I

        Message 3 of 6 , May 11, 2012
          We sell California Wash. See http://order.nagraph.com/roller-care.html

          Fritz Klinke, NA Graphics
          P.O. Box 467, 4 Mears Avenue
          Silverton, Colorado 81433
          970-387-0212, fax 970-387-0127
          nagraph@... www.nagraph.com

          Sent: Thursday, May 10, 2012 5:42 PM
          Subject: AW: [PPLetterpress] California wash?

          Message 4 of 6 , May 15, 2012
            Claire

            There are a number of suppliers across the country for California Wash. Note though that it is banned in various counties of California itself, including Los Angeles and Orange County. These restrictions are based on air quality concerns.

            Probably the best and cheapest presswash out there is odorless mineral spirits, which can be purchased in most hardware stores. Avoid the brands that have recently changed formulation for greenwash purposes. They are quite oily and thus don't serve our need.