California wash?

  • Claire Taylor
    Message 1 of 6 , May 10 1:49 PM
      Does anyone know of a supplier who carries California Wash?

      Thanks!

      Claire Taylor
      Studio Manager
      Book Arts Program
      J. Willard Marriott Library
      University of Utah
      www.bookartsprogram.org
      801.585.9191

    • Wilson, Richard Andrew
      Message 2 of 6 , May 10 2:36 PM
        NA Graphics in Colorado...

        Ric Wilson
        Associate Professor of Art
        Graphic Design
        AIGA Faculty Advisor
        University of Missouri
        Columbia, MO 65211

        On May 10, 2012, at 2:23 PM, "Claire Taylor" <claire.taylor@...<mailto:claire.taylor@...>> wrote:

        Does anyone know of a supplier who carries California Wash?

        Thanks!

        Claire Taylor
        Studio Manager
        Book Arts Program
        J. Willard Marriott Library
        University of Utah
        www.bookartsprogram.org<http://www.bookartsprogram.org>
        801.585.9191
        Message 3 of 6 , May 10 3:27 PM

          I'm using  WM (Water Miscible) Wash from LithCo.
          It's California Wash but not called that...

          Lithco WM Wash - 5 Gallons

          $102.50

          A water miscible wash designed for medium sized presses

          Rejuvenates as it cleans. Can be mixed with up to 25% water to remove gum glaze, paper piling and spray powder.
          Flash point is over 100°F.

          • Does not contain any chlorinated hydrocarbon solvents
          • Good drying speed

          NO-A
          Product cannot be shipped by air due to volume limitation.
          Product is not hazardous if shipped via ground.
          No HAZMAT surcharge in ground transport.

          • Model: CHM-WM5

          On 10 May 2012, at 3:49 PM, Claire Taylor wrote:

          Does anyone know of a supplier who carries California Wash?

          Thanks!

          Claire Taylor
          Studio Manager
          Book Arts Program
          J. Willard Marriott Library
          University of Utah
          www.bookartsprogram.org
          801.585.9191

        • Silber MaiKätzchen
          Message 4 of 6 , May 10 4:42 PM
            Actually Valley Litho comes to mind.

            MaiKätzchen

            Dum loquimur, fugerit invida Aetas:
            Carpe diem!
            quam minimum credula postero!

            Horace
            Odes Book I

            Message 5 of 6 , May 11 8:11 AM
              We sell California Wash. See http://order.nagraph.com/roller-care.html

              Fritz Klinke, NA Graphics
              P.O. Box 467, 4 Mears Avenue
              Silverton, Colorado 81433
              970-387-0212, fax 970-387-0127
              nagraph@... www.nagraph.com

              Sent: Thursday, May 10, 2012 5:42 PM
              Subject: AW: [PPLetterpress] California wash?

              Message 6 of 6 , May 15 1:32 AM
                Claire

                There are a number of suppliers across the country for California Wash. Note though that it is banned in various counties of California itself, including Los Angeles and Orange County. These restrictions are based on air quality concerns.

                Probably the best and cheapest presswash out there is odorless mineral spirits, which can be purchased in most hardware stores. Avoid the brands that have recently changed formulation for greenwash purposes. They are quite oily and thus don't serve our need.