Re: [PPLetterpress] Letterpress

    Message 1 of 51 , Feb 8, 2012
      I get gripes all the time from clients ;-)

      I think the point that some folks make is that only the wealthy can afford these things, that the objects are too precious and self-involved, etc. I can't disagree entirely, when a single book sells for an annual income or more.

      Fortunately, the artists/printers/publishers will keep making what we make anyway.

      Some of our work may be Occupy posters - or Proceed and Be Bold posters or Dada street art. Other work may be fine works which will be treasured by future bibliophiles, as we treasure the work of Aldus and Plantin and Tzara and Hamady.

      Cheers!

      {P}

      Peter Fraterdeus
      Exquisite letterpress takes time™
      tweet: @slowprint

      IdeasWords : Idea Swords
      Communication Strategy
      Semiotx.com  @ideaswords

      On 8 Feb 2012, at 11:20 AM, Scott Rubel wrote:

      I haven't seen any "legitimate" gripes about the cost of fine printing.

      --Scott

      Message 51 of 51 , Feb 12, 2012
        To tell the truth, I really enjoy the planning, prepress,
        and bindery of complex jobs more than the presswork.

        Right now I have a case bound, (Smythe Sewen,)
        project in house that includes eleven gatfold illustrations,
        one six pages long. After a lot of careful planning
        I am looking for fun on the folder.

        MaiKätzchen

        Dum loquimur, fugerit invida Aetas:
        Carpe diem!