film

  • letterpress_man
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 7, 2012
      I need to buy film for my ECRM VR36 imagesetter and was wondering what finish others were using. I have the option of matte finish at a higher cost or juat the regular gloss finish at a better price. My supplier said the flexo printers like the matte better so I was checking to see what others in the group were using.

      Thanks Rick
    • Harold Kyle
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 7, 2012
        Matte works better for photopolymer plates--the surface helps the vacuum between the film and the plate. I'm not sure what the amount would be for you, but I considered the additional cost money well spent (considering the cost of a poorly exposed photopolymer plate).

        Thanks
        Harold

        --
        Boxcar Press